The Student Room Group

Going into Year 12 subject offer problem!

hello! so i have an offer from my school for history, maths and computer science, however i would like to swap comp sci for spanish. my school says that i can send an email on gcse results day if i'd like to make changes, but they cannot guarantee another offer because they are oversubscribed in many subjects. if i email them to swap on results day, am i likely to get another offer? or should i just accept my original offer and ask to swap in september when i definitely have my place at school? which is more risky?
if your requested change doesn't get accepted, then would you still not have your original offer?
Reply 2
Original post by absolutelysprout
if your requested change doesn't get accepted, then would you still not have your original offer?

that's what i'm wondering - do they mean that i can request a change and if it gets rejected then i can still have my original offer? or does it change my original offer, which i would lose if they are unable to swap my subjects?
Original post by bookausten
that's what i'm wondering - do they mean that i can request a change and if it gets rejected then i can still have my original offer? or does it change my original offer, which i would lose if they are unable to swap my subjects?

i'd think you would still have your original offer unless their admin system is extremely complex or something. i've never heard of a student losing out a place in sixth form because they didn't get their requested subject swap. no point in me making assumptions though, you're better off emailing the school directly and asking them.
Reply 4
i'd think you would still have your original offer unless their admin system is extremely complex or something. i've never heard of a student losing out a place in sixth form because they didn't get their requested subject swap. no point in me making assumptions though, you're better off emailing the school directly and asking them.

okay, thank you! i was thinking of writing in the email '...if possible, but if not i would like to accept my original offer' as insurance - do you think that's too much?
Original post by bookausten
okay, thank you! i was thinking of writing in the email '...if possible, but if not i would like to accept my original offer' as insurance - do you think that's too much?

no worries:smile:
yeah adding that sounds good, i don't think it's too much.
Reply 6
no worries:smile:
yeah adding that sounds good, i don't think it's too much.

thanks so much! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest