The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Sussex or city ?

I’ve got offers from both for economics ( and accounting with City)

Sussex is ranked a lot higher than city but city has better employability rate for economics and accounting than Sussex from what I’ve seen. Plus I can save money and live at home with city.
Hey @maria201100

Congratulations on receiving offers from both, that's amazing! I understand it's such a difficult decision and there will be pros and cons to consider for each University.

Have you visited both City and Sussex? At the end of the day, you should consider where you can best imagine yourself spending the next few years, as both sound like they are good options for future prospects, and things could change in terms of employability rate or rankings by the time you graduate.

I guess some things to consider are would you prefer to live at home and save money, or would you like to live in halls for a different experience? Also, do you have a preference as to whether you study accounting as well, or straight economics?

I'm sure @University of Sussex Official Reps and @City, University of London would be happy to answer any specific questions if you wanted to find out more information about the course or life at the university.

Let me know if you have any questions as well, particularly about Sussex as I went there :smile:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by maria201100
I’ve got offers from both for economics ( and accounting with City)

Sussex is ranked a lot higher than city but city has better employability rate for economics and accounting than Sussex from what I’ve seen. Plus I can save money and live at home with city.

Hi!

I am a current Sussex Student and I completely agree with @Maple_Leaf in regards to employability and living away
If you are an offer holder there will be a clearing open day that should come in an email - visiting (if you are able to do so) will be helpful as I did this for myself when deciding between two universities.
To know more about facilities and what the campus is like, have a look at our virtual tour https://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/visit-us/virtual-tour/list.html
As someone from London, I found living away better as I was able to learn how to live independently as that was something I wanted to do but I completely understand the appeal of saving some money. However, it is also possible to commute to Sussex as there is a direct train connecting from London Victoria all the way to Brighton! Because of this, I would visit home frequently.

As already mentioned, rankings do change and employability takes into account different factors besides the university you attended :smile:.
Hope this was helpful, feel free to ask any more questions! Good Luck

Meena
3rd Year Politics Undergraduate
Go to Sussex it's such a beautiful county.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending