The Student Room Group

PS and Essay competitions

Hey guys,

Context: I'm planning to study economics at either LSE/Warwick/Cambridge

My question is, do universities that have their own essay competitions (such as LSE & Cambridge) use it to determine to whether give you a place or not/ read it? I ask this because my LSE essay was fairly rushed since I discovered it a few days before its deadline and thus was not particularly reflective of my ability and I really hope It wouldn't, in of itself, hinder my application

Also, is FM implicitly required for Economics at the likes of Warwick, LSE Cambridge? (I'm currently doing Maths, Economics and Politics in which I believe I will be predicted A*A*A*)
(edited 3 years ago)
No they don't use it to determine whether you get in, but if you speak about it in your personal statement/interview (for cambridge) then it'll give a positive impression. Further maths isn't required explicitly but it is recommended -for LSE they certainly prefer applicants who have done further maths due to the highly mathematical course and same for cambridge - cambridge encourages that you learn some of the further maths modules or use their advanced maths support programme to catch up

Quick Reply

Latest