The Student Room Group

Unsure whether my A levels are suitable for acceptance into Law.

I am currently in year 12 and predicted AAB in music, biology and maths and aspiring to do law in 2024. However, I am worried that my subjects are not regarded as suitable by universities for law. I would like some advice as well as answers whether my subject choice will impact my potential for a law placement, thanks.
(edited 11 months ago)
They’re not common choices for law applicants but they’re absolutely acceptable and shouldn’t affect your chances of an offer.
Depending where you apply LNAT or your PS might be important.
Reply 2
Original post by AdenLaszlo
I am currently in year 12 and predicted AAB in music, biology and maths and aspiring to do law in 2024. However, I am worried that my subjects are not regarded as suitable by universities for law. I would like some advice as well as answers whether my subject choice will impact my potential for a law placement, thanks.

Hey!

Most would study History or English but I’ve seen plenty of people get into law school with sciences and maths. Studying music might impact you if you intended to go to somewhere like LSE but I don’t think you would apply there based on your grades as that is A*AA. Most unis that you would be looking at for AAB won’t care as much about those combinations and those 3 subjects are really fine. Maybe try and enter some essay competitions to prove your writing skills?

Good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by AdenLaszlo

Most universities don't have subject requirements but for highly competitive universities subjects like music and biology for law can make you a weaker candidate.

Consider doing a law EPQ and strong work experience and extra reading as well as debating or extracurricular activities that can help support your application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending