The Student Room Group

Should I appeal my geography grade?

I am wondering if it is worth me appealing my geography grade for it to go from an A to an A*. With the grades I got on Thursday I still got my place at my firm university which I am very grateful for. Over my two years in college I never got a grade lower than a C and got consistent A*’s in all my assessments in 2nd year (including my mock which I got 92% on). My CAG was an A*.

I feel like I am only thinking of appealing for pride because I already got into university but I also feel an A doesn’t represent the hard work I put into my geography course in the two years.

Note: I am going to university to study geography hence why I feel this is important. As I’m got my place at uni I don’t want to do the October examinations.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by nleader1611
I am wondering if it is worth me appealing my geography grade for it to go from an A to an A*. With the grades I got on Thursday I still got my place at my firm university which I am very grateful for. Over my two years in college I never got a grade lower than a C and got consistent A*’s in all my assessments in 2nd year (including my mock which I got 92% on). My CAG was an A*.

I feel like I am only thinking of appealing for pride because I already got into university but I also feel an A doesn’t represent the hard work I put into my geography course in the two years.

Note: I am going to university to study geography hence why I feel this is important. As I’m got my place at uni I don’t want to do the October examinations.

Hi there @nleader1611,

My advice would be to not bother appealing, once you have your degree what you achieved before that doesn't really matter especially if your degree subject is the same. I understand it is a bit of a kick in the teeth not getting what you deserved but you still got your uni place so focus on that and not the appeal.

Best wishes for your future!
Lexy :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest