The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
priya
i'm not the brightest person at camb but there are still people i can hold a decent conversation with, as well as listening and being amazed by the conversations of those much deeper/intelligent than me.

Ditto here, we've had some fascinating discussions on our little staircase, both drunk and sober! There are a few people who annoy me though - there's one guy who's really really clever and knows loads about everything (or at least, has an opinion on it) and you only have to start a conversation for him to go on a 10 minute rant about it, by the end of which we're all sitting there going "Huh? What were we talking about?"
Reply 141
Helenia
Ditto here, we've had some fascinating discussions on our little staircase, both drunk and sober! There are a few people who annoy me though - there's one guy who's really really clever and knows loads about everything (or at least, has an opinion on it) and you only have to start a conversation for him to go on a 10 minute rant about it, by the end of which we're all sitting there going "Huh? What were we talking about?"

I was at a small gathering (not quite a party) with people from another corridor (not a staircase, those things exist in Pembroke). We started on something innocent and maybe even sweet, then moved onto "Oh, do you think we can stuff Geoff into one of those tumble dryers downstairs" onto "... I was running with my own guts in my hands" onto "... I think it's a really good idea to spend a year in a prison..." I can't remember the rest of the conversation, but it was nuts.
Reply 142
priya
it's sad really, being coined a geek for talking about something that genuinely interests you, just because most of the population associate it with school and academia. and it is nice to be able to talk to people who can think on your level to some extent: i'm not the brightest person at camb but there are still people i can hold a decent conversation with, as well as listening and being amazed by the conversations of those much deeper/intelligent than me.

You? Feel sad? That's a hush comment to make. Not to mention what I've seen in the newspaper... :wink:
Reply 143
crazydaveuk
adhsur's a girl?? :eek:

Man, I need to pay more attention.
Maybe it was the blue /techhy-looking avatar.

Irsing
Lol Dave you're not alone I thought Adhsur was a guy - no reason to think so but I guess it's just an instinctive presumption...

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:hmpf:
Reply 144
hey dont feel so hard done by.....for aaaages everyone thought I was a girl!
Reply 145
Willa

You're not??!? :eek:
Reply 146
o.O

j/k
Reply 147
slinec
You're not??!? :eek:

how did i know someone would say that!
Reply 148
Willa

Well... must say that you asked for it yourself Willa... That a at the end made all the difference.
Reply 149
Willa
how did i know someone would say that!

Lol you know, Camford is right :rolleyes: especially when Willa is actually a real girl's name! I still remember the first thing you said to me was that you're actually a guy :p:

However people seem to think of you as Willow or Willard most of the time :rolleyes:

Adhsur
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
:hmpf:

Lol Adhsur! - Sorry!
Reply 150
Helenia
Ditto here, we've had some fascinating discussions on our little staircase, both drunk and sober! There are a few people who annoy me though - there's one guy who's really really clever and knows loads

I'm beginning to think that it's a Cambridge student tendency to start scientific conversations! - last night a friend who's a Cambridge graduate was saying something, then I looked at my tea and realised there wasn't enough milk in it - and the guy proceeded to tell me that milk binds up all the chemicals in tea that makes it bitter... :rolleyes: It wasn't anything too in depth it only lasted a minute or so, was rather interesting actually! - however I've never had a natural science conversation that springs up naturally except with Cambridge students so far! You just don't get intelligent conversations like that usually... a bit like watching a documentary methinks! :biggrin: I like documentaries! :biggrin:
KHL
ooh aah another prospective caian! are you phys- or bio- natsci? when were you up for your interviews?

P.S. - quite fun, this whole business of trying to figure out who i met during the interview period :biggrin:

Lol. I'm a phys natsci and had my interviews on the 9th, but stayed overnight on the 8th.

What are you studying and when were you there?
Reply 152
elfen_princess
Lol. I'm a phys natsci and had my interviews on the 9th, but stayed overnight on the 8th.

What are you studying and when were you there?

medicine. was there 8th, 9th, 13-15th.
Reply 153
economics christ's
Reply 154
Camford
You? Feel sad? That's a hush comment to make. Not to mention what I've seen in the newspaper... :wink:

Is this a real newspaper or just the student press?!
Reply 155
Engineering

Downing - Lazio
Reply 156
ah now i understand what the 100 something or other meant..
so now I have 100+ posts can I be added plz?

Law

emily87 (Downing)
Reply 157
Anchemis - Medicine (Trinity)
Reply 158
Ticki
Is this a real newspaper or just the student press?!

Student press... freely available to people who visits the plodge early.
Reply 159
Camford
Student press... freely available to people who visits the plodge early.

Come to Sidney - we always have far too many copies. Not that we're apathetic to the general goings-on of our wonderful university...

Latest

Trending

Trending