The Student Room Group

Tips for Radiotherapy & Oncology Students (help)

Hi,

I was curious if any current or previous radiotherapy & oncology students have any tips.

The plan is to hopefully start a course in 2021 once I have completed my access course.

I was just wondering if anyone can offer any useful resources, pockets of knowledge I may want to focus on before I start the course and just general advice.

Any help is appreciated 😊
Well, I don't start till next month,so I can't offer any tips per se. I don't know where you're planning to study, but the Sheffield Hallam radiotherapy course page has an absolute boatload of information and links on it. I would also check out their twitter page, the course lead Jo McNamara is also very active on twitter with lots of info and links posted.

Have you done your work experience yet? I was able to have a good chat with three SHU students when I did mine.
Original post by HellomynameisNev
Well, I don't start till next month,so I can't offer any tips per se. I don't know where you're planning to study, but the Sheffield Hallam radiotherapy course page has an absolute boatload of information and links on it. I would also check out their twitter page, the course lead Jo McNamara is also very active on twitter with lots of info and links posted.

Have you done your work experience yet? I was able to have a good chat with three SHU students when I did mine.

Thank you for your reply!

I will have a good look at SHU website tomorrow 🙂 and the Twitter feed of course!

Unfortunately due to coronavirus 3 placements I had arranged were all cancelled back in March. Although
I have had some information regarding one that says placements restart in May 2021. The only issue is I'll be interviewing before then I suspect, although at an open day I was told it wasn't completely essential and that my many years of customer service help, with
regards to communication and that I came across as a warm and compassionate person.

Also I am currently using an anatomy colouring book to take in anatomy!
Yes, its unfortunate about placements being cancelled, but everyone is in the same boat. I know there's a couple SHU student reps doing radiotherapy who are available online to answer questions.
Original post by Uncertaingoose
Hi,

I was curious if any current or previous radiotherapy & oncology students have any tips.

The plan is to hopefully start a course in 2021 once I have completed my access course.

I was just wondering if anyone can offer any useful resources, pockets of knowledge I may want to focus on before I start the course and just general advice.

Any help is appreciated 😊

Hi @Uncertaingoose,

Congrats on your place to study with us this September!:heart: You can find our more about what it is going be like to start here. :h:

We actually have a a couple of current radiotheraphy and oncology students on our chat platform who will be happy to answer your questions about preparing for the course etc.

Let me know if you have anymore questions about studying at here or student life in Sheffield!
- Ella
Original post by HellomynameisNev
Yes, its unfortunate about placements being cancelled, but everyone is in the same boat. I know there's a couple SHU student reps doing radiotherapy who are available online to answer questions.

Oh thank you!
Original post by Sheffield Hallam University
Hi @Uncertaingoose,

Congrats on your place to study with us this September!:heart: You can find our more about what it is going be like to start here. :h:

We actually have a a couple of current radiotheraphy and oncology students on our chat platform who will be happy to answer your questions about preparing for the course etc.

Let me know if you have anymore questions about studying at here or student life in Sheffield!
- Ella

Okay thankyou I will be in touch if I think of any questions 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest