The Student Room Group

Revision

Am going onto A level now and am looking to take it very seriously. How do I motivate myself to revise more often.

How long should I revise in a week and when should I start. I begin early September 2020
(edited 3 years ago)
Maybe reward yourself whenever you accomplish a certain task? Or maybe if you find things satisfying when they are complete, there's an app called adapt which fills up when you have done all the subjects (its a good app for organising as well). Study how long you want to as long as its effective revision. If you want you can start as early as you can when the first lessons start but I wouldnt stress yourself out and just get into a habit before thinking about having a plan of hardcore revision, if this makes sense
Reply 2
Personally I think it’s important to get into a good routine with revision right from the start. If you’re aiming for the top grades at A level I’d say 3 hours on a school night (homework and revision) and then 8 hours of work over the weekend is a good place to start. The most important thing though is to have the discipline to stick to your routine and not make excuses or exceptions.

In terms of motivation, you should set a really ambitious but realistic target at the start of the year (I.e. A*A*A) and still this on your wall and your phone etc.

Another thing that really worked for me is having to earn free time- give your phone and Xbox controller etc to your parents or someone else and tell them not to give you it until you’ve done your 3 hours’ work for the night- this will motivate you to work hard so you can chill out. You can also relax guilt free as you’ve studied hard.
Reply 3
thank you so much

Quick Reply

Latest