The Student Room Group

Would u rather no one turn up to your wedding or your funeral

This is a sticky one but I'd say wedding cos despite having to live with the pain of no one coming to your big day, you'd at least hope ppl would appreciate and value u more after you've gone.

Scroll to see replies

Wedding. Then you can plan it to have no guests :smile:
Funeral.
I will be dead so don't have to go through any pain of not seeing anyone! I believe pain only exists when I am alive not dead
Well you would hope your intended would turn up at the wedding.
The funeral is a bit vanity as you will be dead by then.
Wedding
No one coming to your funeral is just sad
Original post by cloud_9_
This is a sticky one but I'd say wedding cos despite having to live with the pain of no one coming to your big day, you'd at least hope ppl would appreciate and value u more after you've gone.

No-one show up to my funeral. I'm dead so it doesn't matter.
Wedding (like anyone is going to marry me anyway :rofl: )

Original post by 999tigger
Well you would hope your intended would turn up at the wedding.
The funeral is a bit vanity as you will be dead by then.

Tbh it might be a bit vain but i have often thought about noone coming to my funeral (pre-covid times when funerals were a thing) and it makes me a bit sad :redface:
Funeral, I can see how they just aren't a lot of peoples thing, but we just do it. Weddings can have the same ring to it, but generally not as intense or grim.

If no one came to my theoretical wedding i'd be a bit bummed out. I know lots of good bands & DJ's and I'd pick a decent venue and catering...It's a bit awkward if you can't even scare up people for that.... Is my bride a pedo or something? :confused:
Funeral.
I prefer people who focus their time and positive efforts upon friends who are living.
Not the dead.
Original post by rxyaltyx
Wedding
No one coming to your funeral is just sad

Compared with being stood up at the altar or registry office? :eek:
Original post by CoolCavy
Wedding (like anyone is going to marry me anyway :rofl: )

Tbh it might be a bit vain but i have often thought about noone coming to my funeral (pre-covid times when funerals were a thing) and it makes me a bit sad :redface:

Gosh I though youd be a bot happier? How many pugs/ hamsters are you replacing?
Whats happening with the job did you accpet or ask for an upgrade?
Original post by londonmyst
Compared with being stood up at the altar or registry office? :eek:

So even the person I’m getting married to wouldn’t come?
Oh I guess I would have to choose funeral then.
Gosh I though youd be a bot happier? How many pugs/ hamsters are you replacing?
Whats happening with the job did you accpet or ask for an upgrade?

I dont have much self worth :lol: i assume you mean pigs? :tongue: (i am really against pug breeding but that's a totally different conversation :colondollar:)
I would assume the piggies and hamsters would want to come but in these corona times i cant imagine them socially distancing very well :beard:
Still waiting to hear back from friday :yep: hopefully i can start soon (in the higher up position) :smile:
Reply 13
Wedding. If nobody were to show up, that leaves all the cake for me :colone: ( and perhaps Id give some to whoever I was marrying )
Wedding. We aren't planning on having anyone there anyway :laugh:

Even though I won't know what my funeral will be like, I'd like to think people would want to come together to remember my (hopefully good and happy) life.
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Wedding. If nobody were to show up, that leaves all the cake for me :colone: ( and perhaps Id give some to whoever I was marrying )

If no one shows up then you are marrying yourself or a tree.
Original post by cloud_9_

Good question!

I’m going to say I’d rather have no one turn up to my funeral. Much rather enjoy an event alongside my friends and family than an event I wouldn’t even be around to comprehend the disappointment of no one showing up.

I think I’d want to be cremated when I die anyway so wouldn’t be much of a show at the funeral anyway.
Reply 17
If no one shows up then you are marrying yourself or a tree.

I dont like myself enough for that. The tree sounds nice.
Original post by CoolCavy
I dont have much self worth :lol: i assume you mean pigs? :tongue: (i am really against pug breeding but that's a totally different conversation :colondollar:)
I would assume the piggies and hamsters would want to come but in these corona times i cant imagine them socially distancing very well :beard:
Still waiting to hear back from friday :yep: hopefully i can start soon (in the higher up position) :smile:

So I lose track how many pugs do you have and how many do you need to replace? When will you be doing so?

Did you have a look round your employers?
Funeral, as I don't have to know about it! Although I do hope I'd still somehow get buried...

Quick Reply

Latest