The Student Room Group

Textbook question - for A level (in general)

I was looking at Amazon for textbooks for AQA physics this September, and but I was confused on this. There was one book saying Year 1 AND 2, but then there was 2 others- One was Year one only and the other was Year 2 only (bearing in mind they are all CGP)-
Is there a difference between buying the year 1 AND 2 textbook to buying year 1 or 2 separately?
In difficulty, content, or how they possibly simplify it down better????
Bearing in mind, I want to do Physics for the full 2 years, and i just want to find out which would be cheaper this way. Thanks
I would recommend not buying textbooks just yet. Many sixth forms / colleges are able to:

1) Recommend exactly which books to get

2) Give you discounts on these books if you buy them through the school
Original post by bluebeetle
I would recommend not buying textbooks just yet. Many sixth forms / colleges are able to:

1) Recommend exactly which books to get

2) Give you discounts on these books if you buy them through the school

Thanks for your help. They actually did, and expected me for some reason to get them now for September. I asked them if they do lend or sell books, but unfortunately no :frown: I just want to know whether its better to get a textbook that has both year 1 and 2 content, or I have to buy them seperate, which is a bit more expensive that way, but idk, if the quality is better????
Original post by world2change
Thanks for your help. They actually did, and expected me for some reason to get them now for September. I asked them if they do lend or sell books, but unfortunately no :frown: I just want to know whether its better to get a textbook that has both year 1 and 2 content, or I have to buy them seperate, which is a bit more expensive that way, but idk, if the quality is better????

If they've recommended a specific one, I'd get exactly that.

Otherwise, I would look at the page counts. If the two year one is just the number of pages of the Year 1 book plus the number of pages in the Year 2 book, it's probably fine to get the two year book rather than the separates.

Either way, I'd be careful with them and keep them in plastic (if they come in plastic) til you arrive in September, just in case it is somehow the wrong one, you can still return it.
Original post by bluebeetle
If they've recommended a specific one, I'd get exactly that.

Otherwise, I would look at the page counts. If the two year one is just the number of pages of the Year 1 book plus the number of pages in the Year 2 book, it's probably fine to get the two year book rather than the separates.

Either way, I'd be careful with them and keep them in plastic (if they come in plastic) til you arrive in September, just in case it is somehow the wrong one, you can still return it.

Ok. Good idea, I will do exactly that. Thanks so much!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest