The Student Room Group

Welcome week at University

i’m an international student. So i have already decided which university in the UK i wanted to go to but by the time i arrive in the UK probably sept 8/9, i can only attend virtual events due to quarantine. is it ok if i miss half of freshers week?
Original post by Anonymous
i’m an international student. So i have already decided which university in the UK i wanted to go to but by the time i arrive in the UK probably sept 8/9, i can only attend virtual events due to quarantine. is it ok if i miss half of freshers week?

The schools are open as normal in UK in September. Which part of UK are you talking about?
It will be fine, especially this year when most events are online anyway.

Your uni is likely to want you to register in person during welcome week, and they may give you a specific date/time to do this. If they give you a time when you’re not available, just let them know so that they can give you a different time.
My uni's only got a few in person events this year, and I know it's the same at other unis, with some only having online events. Chances are you'll be fine spending the whole of freshers in self isolation.
Where are you coming from? It might be worth checking whether you definitely have to quarantine when you arrive, as some countries don't. The list changes all the time, so you could also check nearer the time, as it may have changed.
Reply 4
Original post by Joany2020
The schools are open as normal in UK in September. Which part of UK are you talking about?

midlands
Reply 5
Original post by Desideri
It will be fine, especially this year when most events are online anyway.

Your uni is likely to want you to register in person during welcome week, and they may give you a specific date/time to do this. If they give you a time when you’re not available, just let them know so that they can give you a different time.

Okay. Thank you
Reply 6
Original post by remussjhj01
My uni's only got a few in person events this year, and I know it's the same at other unis, with some only having online events. Chances are you'll be fine spending the whole of freshers in self isolatioI'm coming from saudi arabia. I checked the website and it says I dont have to self-isolate but i still need to be in quarantine for 14 days right?n.
Where are you coming from? It might be worth checking whether you definitely have to quarantine when you arrive, as some countries don't. The list changes all the time, so you could also check nearer the time, as it may have changed.

I'm coming from saudi arabia. I checked the website and it says I dont have to self-isolate but i still need to be in quarantine for 14 days right?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm coming from saudi arabia. I checked the website and it says I dont have to self-isolate but i still need to be in quarantine for 14 days right?

Saudi Arabia isn't on the exemption list (or at least, I didn't see it). If that doesn't change, you would need to self isolate/quarantine for 14 days.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending