The Student Room Group

Accommodation payments

This is likely a stupid question but I literally can't work the maths out myself and I don't completely understand how you pay for accommodation.

I know that accommodation fees are due at the start of each term, so lets say Accommodation X costs £100 per week and is a 35-week contract, requiring me to move out during Easter.

Every term, will I have to pay the price of 11.67 weeks?
@SFE Isaac could you possibly provide some info?
Original post by futurelawtrainee
@SFE Isaac could you possibly provide some info?

Hi there, apologies but I am unsure about accommodation costs or how it is worked out.
Thanks, Isaac

Edit: I will tag @PQ as he may be able to provide advice
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
at my uni you pay 34% at the start of first term then 33% for the other two terms. we are told accommodation costs by year, not by term. idk if this helps but i tried lmao

I assume you'll pay 3500 divided by term in the way i mentioned before
This is likely a stupid question but I literally can't work the maths out myself and I don't completely understand how you pay for accommodation.

I know that accommodation fees are due at the start of each term, so lets say Accommodation X costs £100 per week and is a 35-week contract, requiring me to move out during Easter.

Your rental payment dates and amounts are set by your landlord. You need to ask them directly how much is payable and when. Some universities delay payment dates to match student loan payments, others will want rent paid up front and others will charge monthly.
Original post by Miurx
at my uni you pay 34% at the start of first term then 33% for the other two terms. we are told accommodation costs by year, not by term. idk if this helps but i tried lmao

I assume you'll pay 3500 divided by term in the way i mentioned before

I don't think that's the system in place at my Uni but thank you for the insight!
Original post by PQ
Your rental payment dates and amounts are set by your landlord. You need to ask them directly how much is payable and when. Some universities delay payment dates to match student loan payments, others will want rent paid up front and others will charge monthly.

Thank you!

Hey @futurelawtrainee,

Essentially it's up to your university and what they ask for. But in my experience, not all three payments are the same amount. If you have already sorted out your accommodation you should be able to see the payments that are due and when then you can correspond it to your maintenance loan from student finance.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions!😊
From,

Amina

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending