The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Hiya :smile: My names Molly (Big fan of Always sunny in Philadelphia). I'm hoping to study Music and History as a joint degree in Cardiff as one of my top two choices. Currently studying Music, English Lit and History. Anyone else wanting to do a similar course to me or either music/history?
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi I'm hoping to study Dental Hygiene and Therapy 🤞 I'm currently studying Access to Science online
Hi. I hope to study Psychology (with professional placement year)
I study Biology and Health and social care
Reply 4
I want to study News Journalism MA.
I study Information Arts.
Original post by Jaslewissss
Hi. I hope to study Psychology (with professional placement year)
I study Biology and Health and social care

hi, i'm a first year doing psychology at cardiff- my lectures haven't started yet!! but if you've any questions i can try my best to answer them :smile:
Hey,

I'm looking for some advice, I am applying for psychology in the 2021 series, but I feel my qualifications may be a huge problem, as I only do two A-Levels and a UAL extended diploma (equivalent to 3 A-Levels/ BTEC extended diploma), in which I am predicted a Merit.
In my two A-Levels, I am predicted an A and B.
(I am also eligible for a contextual offer)
I really wanted to apply to Cardiff, but I know how many people apply there, so do you think I am wasting an option applying?

I would be really grateful if somebody could give me guidance on this or recommend places I could apply to.
Hi, applying for music and just wanted to ask if anyone knew if there was an audition process or something for the Music degree? Like will I be asked to audition/interview/submit a compo portfolio or something? Many thanks
Reply 8
hi! im ally
and im looking to apply for computer science
at the moment im studying maths, computer science and biology :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
Hey,

I'm looking for some advice, I am applying for psychology in the 2021 series, but I feel my qualifications may be a huge problem, as I only do two A-Levels and a UAL extended diploma (equivalent to 3 A-Levels/ BTEC extended diploma), in which I am predicted a Merit.
In my two A-Levels, I am predicted an A and B.
(I am also eligible for a contextual offer)
I really wanted to apply to Cardiff, but I know how many people apply there, so do you think I am wasting an option applying?

I would be really grateful if somebody could give me guidance on this or recommend places I could apply to.

I'd say apply, in my experience Cardiff can be quite lienient when it comes to grades, just make sure you have a good personal statement. If you're worried about wether you have the right type of qualifications I would email admissions to see if they can help you.
looking to do neuroscience! currently taking biology, maths and german :biggrin:
Original post by noah 123
I'd say apply, in my experience Cardiff can be quite lienient when it comes to grades, just make sure you have a good personal statement. If you're worried about wether you have the right type of qualifications I would email admissions to see if they can help you.

Thank you!!
Hello, I've applied for Medicine at Cardiff, it's my first choice and I really hope my application goes well
Reply 13
Hey, I'm applying for Physiotherapy Bsc, currently studying A Levels in PE, Biology and Geography
Hi I'm applying for physics, currently taking maths, physics, chem + EPQ
i’m applying for adult nursing and i am currently studying English, Maths and Psychology
Original post by Manooka
:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Cardiff University for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

I already received an offer from Cardiff a week ago for law
Heya!
I applied to study medicine and also biomedical sciences as a backup. Just got my email of confirmation for my medicine application there and received an offer for biomed a few weeks ago! :biggrin:
PS. Currently studying biology, chemistry, maths and English literature
Hey applying for occupational therapy. Anyone applied yet or got an offer?
Hey I'm applying for occupational therapy. Has anyone received an offer yet?

Latest

Trending

Trending