The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

squid
If you resurface too fast, after diving, it turns you A sexual.

I love you squid
I was talking to an asexual woman on another forum a while ago. She'd been with her husband for 17 years and they didn't have sex. She said he got his needs satisfied elsewhere and that she trusted him. They had an adopted daughter too.

It depends on the people whether a sexual/asexual relationship can work. I don't think I'd be able to be with a sexual guy, I'd always feel like I couldn't give him everything he needed.
squid
I love you too, Clive. Fancy a casserole?

Not right now, I'm in tears. I negged a subscriber, then suffered the consiquences. Maybe a Sunday brunch, right before Sunday lunch, followed by modern sounds of pop groups like 'The Bensons' and 'The Ombudsmen'
Inconceivable
I was talking to an asexual woman on another forum a while ago. She'd been with her husband for 17 years and they didn't have sex. She said he got his needs satisfied elsewhere and that she trusted him. They had an adopted daughter too.

It depends on the people whether a sexual/asexual relationship can work. I don't think I'd be able to be with a sexual guy, I'd always feel like I couldn't give him everything he needed.

This is an almost constant worry between my partner and I. However, he reassures me and I feel more secure that between my leniency to his actions and the kind of relationship we have, he is 110% happy.
Spotty Dog
This is an almost constant worry between my partner and I. However, he reassures me and I feel more secure that between my leniency to his actions and the kind of relationship we have, he is 110% happy.

Awww. I'm sort of jealous:o:lol.

I'm not that bothered about having a relationship atm, but one day i think it'd be nice.
This is actually pretty interesting.

I'm a very sexual person and I find that, if I have to go without for some time I get quite aggressive and fall out with my other half more. It's always been a big part of our relationship. I feel for him on a much deeper level also, but I find that the two go together extremely well and make for a greater connection. In all honesty, I wouldn't find the relationship to be emotionally fulfilling without it.

I think it's unfair for RightSaidJames to suggest that those of us who do consider sex in a relationship a massive deal to be odd. I've never suggested that Spotty Dog is weird, I just wondered how a relationship like theirs would work and I find it really interesting that they have managed to find a way around such a big issue and make it work.

If it works for them, great. I've never been one to say that one size fits all with sexuality. It's a bit stupid to judge anyone base upon theirs.
.Vengeance.
This is actually pretty interesting.

I'm a very sexual person and I find that, if I have to go without for some time I get quite aggressive and fall out with my other half more. It's always been a big part of our relationship. I feel for him on a much deeper level also, but I find that the two go together extremely well and make for a greater connection. In all honesty, I wouldn't find the relationship to be emotionally fulfilling without it.

I think it's unfair for RightSaidJames to suggest that those of us who do consider sex in a relationship a massive deal to be odd. I've never suggested that Spotty Dog is weird, I just wondered how a relationship like theirs would work and I find it really interesting that they have managed to find a way around such a big issue and make it work.

If it works for them, great. I've never been one to say that one size fits all with sexuality. It's a bit stupid to judge anyone base upon theirs.

Thankyou, Ven.

As I've said before, I've no problem with curious minds, but it's aggressive minds (such as pretz) that really upset me. I don't get why people make it their business to have a problem with the way that I, and other asexuals, lead their lives, you know?

Everyone works differently, everyone has different drives and wants and needs. No one, no matter what their situation, has a right to say that what they have is right, or better than anyone else, whether they have a sexual relationship or not.
Spotty Dog
Thankyou, Ven.

As I've said before, I've no problem with curious minds, but it's aggressive minds (such as pretz) that really upset me. I don't get why people make it their business to have a problem with the way that I, and other asexuals, lead their lives, you know?

Everyone works differently, everyone has different drives and wants and needs. No one, no matter what their situation, has a right to say that what they have is right, or better than anyone else, whether they have a sexual relationship or not.

I'm quite impressed actually, it takes a very big person to recognise their partner's needs and selflessly let them pursue them in the name of maintaining the relationship.

I do wonder though, he clearly must feel sexual desire for you specifically. Does this never get him down? Though, I'm sure it's not a huge deal since you've made it this far.
.Vengeance.

I do wonder though, he clearly must feel sexual desire for you specifically. Does this never get him down? Though, I'm sure it's not a huge deal since you've made it this far.

Yes, it does. It frustrates him, particularly if he's come home from a stressful night (when he can't arrange to see the other girls because of time etc) and wants to 'let out his stress' with me.

And yes, occasionally we do have sex. Because it makes him happy and all the rest. But more often then not I tell him politely to shove it, and he sulks for the night. :p: (and then apologises in the morning. XD)
Spotty Dog
Yes, it does. It frustrates him, particularly if he's come home from a stressful night (when he can't arrange to see the other girls because of time etc) and wants to 'let out his stress' with me.

And yes, occasionally we do have sex. Because it makes him happy and all the rest. But more often then not I tell him politely to shove it, and he sulks for the night. :p: (and then apologises in the morning. XD)

I think you're very lucky, your situation sounds almost ideal for what it is.

Did he have troubles making arrangements to "see" the other girls, or did it just come about over time?
Spotty Dog

It's quite complicated for you then, it must not be easy for you. Like, there must be times when you'd like to spend time with him and he's really in need of a release... that must cause conflict.

But, all credit to you... three years is good going for any relationship.
RightSaidJames
I think you're very lucky, your situation sounds almost ideal for what it is.

Did he have troubles making arrangements to "see" the other girls, or did it just come about over time?

Well, we have a friend whose very.. 'no strings attached' sex, and has a history with my partner, so he approached her with the idea, and she introduced lady 2 after some time. :p:

.Vengeance.
It's quite complicated for you then, it must not be easy for you. Like, there must be times when you'd like to spend time with him and he's really in need of a release... that must cause conflict.

But, all credit to you... three years is good going for any relationship.

Thank you.
Spotty Dog
Well, we have a friend whose very.. 'no strings attached' sex, and has a history with my partner, so he approached her with the idea, and she introduced lady 2 after some time. :p:

I'm almost jealous :p:
RightSaidJames
I'm almost jealous :p:

Almost. :wink:
Do asexuals lack some kind of hormone or something?

x
sugargal_1808
Do asexuals lack some kind of hormone or something?

x

No - Or certainly, I don't.
Spotty Dog
No - Or certainly, I don't.

I was just wondering because I should imagine that biologically-speaking, people are programmed to have sexual desires, just as they are programmed to desire food or drink as a means of human survival. Hence, I'm bemused as to why a person can be 'innately' asexual, rather than making a conscious decision to adopt that orientation, unless they have a slightly different biological make-up.

x
sugargal_1808
I was just wondering because I should imagine that biologically-speaking, people are programmed to have sexual desires, just as they are programmed to desire food or drink as a means of human survival. Hence, I'm bemused as to why a person can be 'innately' asexual, rather than making a concious decision to adopt that orientation, unless they have a slightly different biological make-up.

x

Perhaps, but then humans are conscious beings able to make decisions in spite of their biological urges. Apparently.
sugargal_1808
I was just wondering because I should imagine that biologically-speaking, people are programmed to have sexual desires, just as they are programmed to desire food or drink as a means of human survival. Hence, I'm bemused as to why a person can be 'innately' asexual, rather than making a concious decision to adopt that orientation, unless they have a slightly different biological make-up.

x

Do you feel this same was about homosexuality? (ie, that it's not innate but a concious decision)

The only reason I ask is that sex is a biological drive to reproduce, not just to have sex. Thus, under this theory, surely homosexuals should be lacking hormones/the drive too?

I'm not going to argue your opinion, because it's yours and perfectly valid. Don't be offended if I question it though. :wink:
squid
If you resurface too fast, after diving, it turns you A sexual.

thats what i heard

Latest

Trending

Trending