The Student Room Group

Living at home or away at uni?

Hi everyone
I’m planning on going to uni after my last year of college this year, but I’m not sure if I Should stay at home to study or move away and live at uni. I personally would like to live on my own, but then, i wonder if it will financially be worth it. If I plan to stay at home, I’m going to a nearby uni. But if I choose to move away, I’ll be in another place. So what would be your take on this debate?
Original post by The_seeka
Hi everyone
I’m planning on going to uni after my last year of college this year, but I’m not sure if I Should stay at home to study or move away and live at uni. I personally would like to live on my own, but then, i wonder if it will financially be worth it. If I plan to stay at home, I’m going to a nearby uni. But if I choose to move away, I’ll be in another place. So what would be your take on this debate?

Hey,
Don't base going to University around whether you will be living at home or living in student accommodation. Go to the University which you love the most, with a good reputation, in a city you like, with the course that has modules which appeal the most to you .
Whatever University you go to, I would recommend going into the Uni accommodation as it is more sociable and allows you to gain independence more. Yes, it is more pricey than staying at home but living in accommodation for the first year is worth it. If you're at a local Uni, you can always live at home for the second and third year to save money.

Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending