The Student Room Group

Awarding body only valid until 2017?

Would email my teachers about this but it's a bit late now and they want all Oxbridge/med applicants to submit their applications by tonight. Anyway, I was double checking everything I'd put down and when I got to my education section I realised I'd put my qualification dates for my GCSEs down as 2017 rather than 2018! I've gone through and changed it now, no issue for the 9-1 grades but I've run into a problem with my iGCSE Drama. The awarding organisation on my certificate is CIE, and that's what I originally put on UCAS. However, when I changed the date to 2018, UCAS is now telling me that 'This awarding body is only valid for this qualification until 2017'. So what am I meant to do??? It says further up the page that 'If you have completed Cambridge International qualifications please choose CIE as your Awarding organisation, if you are currently taking Cambridge International qualifications choose CAIE', but this doesn't make sense to me as I've already completed the qualification and it says CIE on my certificate not CAIE.
Original post by jupiiter
Would email my teachers about this but it's a bit late now and they want all Oxbridge/med applicants to submit their applications by tonight. Anyway, I was double checking everything I'd put down and when I got to my education section I realised I'd put my qualification dates for my GCSEs down as 2017 rather than 2018! I've gone through and changed it now, no issue for the 9-1 grades but I've run into a problem with my iGCSE Drama. The awarding organisation on my certificate is CIE, and that's what I originally put on UCAS. However, when I changed the date to 2018, UCAS is now telling me that 'This awarding body is only valid for this qualification until 2017'. So what am I meant to do??? It says further up the page that 'If you have completed Cambridge International qualifications please choose CIE as your Awarding organisation, if you are currently taking Cambridge International qualifications choose CAIE', but this doesn't make sense to me as I've already completed the qualification and it says CIE on my certificate not CAIE.

Did you sit these exams in May/June 2018? So you've done A level this summer or not?
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
Did you sit these exams in May/June 2018? So you've done A level this summer or not?

I sat the exams in 2018, I'm doing my A levels next summer, repeated Year 12 because of illness
Original post by jupiiter
I sat the exams in 2018, I'm doing my A levels next summer, repeated Year 12 because of illness

Ask your school what to do with this subject as presumably others will have or did have this problem.
Original post by Muttley79
Ask your school what to do with this subject as presumably others will have or did have this problem.

I'm having this issue now. I know it's bad to bump old threads but I wonder if you got an answer?

I'm so lost on what to do.
Original post by ColtTheWolf
I'm having this issue now. I know it's bad to bump old threads but I wonder if you got an answer?

I'm so lost on what to do.

Follow the instructions on ucas and change CIE to CAIE if you are 100% sure that you have chosen the correct qualification type.

Latest

Trending

Trending