The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Is it possible to start 3rd year English degree from Feb 2021

Hi guys,

I've emailed the OU already and the auto-response said they would get back to me within 5 working days but have had nothing for nearly 2 weeks, hoping you guys can help.

Previously studied at Uni around 10yrs ago and have got 320 credits of an English degree but was unable to finish due to personal issues. Even though it never impacted me job wise, it has always bothered me and not finishing the degree has become a big regret.

I've known about the OU but only recently learned that I could transfer my existing credits over and finally be able to finish the degree, I'm chuffed tbh. From what I've read, I would only be able to transfer a maximum of 240 credits but this isn't an issue.

My main query is would it be possible to start 3rd yr from Feb 2021?

And for those who have done an English Lit degree at the OU, what's it like in terms of assessments, will they be all essay based or are there exams?

And finally, would it be possible to do a dissertation in the final year?

Many thanks.
Call them up
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Third year modules generally don’t have February start dates, no.
If you look on the degree page for English there are a number of options for which degree you wish to transfer credits into. It is not a guarantee that you will be able to transfer the full 240credits onto a named degree but you won’t know until you apply for your credit transfer.
All the information about assessment is on the individual module pages-you would be doing a minimum of two 60 credit modules at level 3.

Quick Reply

Latest