The Student Room Group

Can I get into russell group uni with these grades?

undisclosed.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by wcnred
GCSE: 7 maths, 4 english language, 3 english literature, 6/5 combined science, 4 computer science, 5 citizenship studies, 2 geography

A-Levels: in year 13 studying Maths, Physics, Computer Science most likely predicted ABB

Want to do Computer Science at Uni

U need at least 5 GCSEs (including math and English) at Grade 4.

Your predictions are fine for A level
Original post by wcnred
GCSE: 7 maths, 4 english language, 3 english literature, 6/5 combined science, 4 computer science, 5 citizenship studies, 2 geography

A-Levels: in year 13 studying Maths, Physics, Computer Science most likely predicted ABB

Look at the entry requirements for universities you are considering. There are many Russell Group unis, and they don't all ask for the same thing.
You have at least 5 GCSEs 9-4 which is a good start (although the 4 in your proposed degree subject might be a bit off putting), but with those predictions you'd likely be fine for Cardiff (ABB-BBB but apparently most students have BBD), Loughborough (AAA but students have ABB), Liverpool (ABB with students achieving ABB), found this info on theuniguide

There are also lots of non RG options that are good, maybe look into some of those to be safe 🙂 If I were you I'd put maybe Loughborough (non RG but very good) as an aspirational choice, Cardiff and/or Liverpool for attainable RG, then a couple lower non RG
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
undisclosed.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by wcnred
Thanks. I'm thinking KCL, QMUL, Nottingham, Royal Holloway, and one more

According to the UCAS offer rate calculator with ABB you have a 58% chance at KCL and 90% at QMUL, Nottingham and Royal Holloway - but I would say don't take these as definite because they don't factor in your GCSEs (admissions tutors may think it's unlikely you could actually get ABB because of them although it isn't impossible; I got 9999866644 at GCSE then A*A*A*A at A level so a comparable jump) - could you resit computer science?

According to theuniguide.co.uk, KCL's entry requirements are AAA but most students actually have A*AA; QMUL require AAB but students with ABB; Nottingham require AAA-AAB but students with AAB; Royal Holloway require AAB-ABB but students with BBC(!!!)

Hope that helps and best of luck 🙂
Original post by wcnred

i had mate's brother get into Liverpool Uni with ABB for Computer Science, so you should be ok there. bt check the website yeah?
Reply 7
undisclosed.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 8
undisclosed.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by wcnred
Will there be a chance of me being offered at Queen Mary for Computer Science with these grades/predictions?

yeah I think so its AAB-ABB at Queen Mary. I'm looking to apply either there or Royal Holloway for compsci as well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending