The Student Room Group

I want to join a uni sports club

but I don't think I can afford it as they all cost about £80 a year :-(
what can I do as I really want to play sport and make friends
Original post by Anonymous

Hey!

Have you got any money leftover from your student finance at all after you pay for your accommodation and allow yourself money for food etc?

If you do you could use that, but if you don't is there any way you could ask your parents for support?
Perhaps explain that its something you really want to do and it would improve your uni experience.

Or you could try getting a part time job and use that to pay for it :smile:

I hope this helps you!
Eloise - Official Student Rep
Original post by Anonymous

Sport clubs tend to be more expensive then societies.
But generally are very cheap for what you get from them.
Every organisation will vary but would £80/yer break the bank. If so I would recommend a holiday job to have a little more cash to subsidise lifestyle.
They can't all be that much. Anyway, £80 for a year isn't that much in the grand scheme of things. Get a part time job. One shift will cover that haha
Hi @Anonymous
I totally understand that some societies can be expensive ! At my university- Lancaster we tend to have different levels of sports clubs and societies so different prices. It tends to be that the more competitive the club the more expensive but there are also more chill sports clubs for fun with lower funding feeds. These tend to me more accessible for everyone and aren’t as hard to get into. So maybe look for something like this at you university ?
Student ambassador Holly at Lancaster University
Reply 5
Could you ask your friends to give you money instead of presents for your birthday/Christmas and use that to pay for it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending