The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Eh, I know I'm the only one here going to the Medway campus, so don't feel bad. Maybe we can be lonely together? :biggrin: Though I expect there are a few more going to yours, it is the main campus of the uni afterall.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Oh I got excited when I saw there was a reply :frown:
Ah well, yep we're both loners on these forums, though there probably are others lurking around, those that just like to read and never post.
Reply 3
Yeah I am going there, cant wait, woooooooooo
Reply 4
Yey there is another one! Is it next Saturday you move in gh256? **** I didn't realise how close it is now, less than 2 weeks...
Reply 5
I'm going too! Move in this sunday to Lanfrac! :smile: Does seem mainly kent uni orientated here. :tongue:
Reply 6
Chipie
I'm going too! Move in this sunday to Lanfrac! :smile: Does seem mainly kent uni orientated here. :tongue:

Wahey another one! I work not far from Lanfranc, Matalan down Sturry Road, though it's closer to Parham.
Where are you moving from? Are you doing a placement thing or just moving in a week earlier for the hell of it?
Reply 7
Moving from Essex a hour away :tongue: You could either move in the 14th or the 21st, all depends on what your agreement says. Mine said 14th xD
Reply 8
Ah I thought only those doing placements moved in this week. But I'm staying at home so what do I know.
I've put this offer out to others, trying to meet people before starting uni but not many seem interested, but if you find yourself bored next week and want someone to show you around the city or just for something to do then I'd be more than happy. I've been so bored this summer.
Reply 9
Aw thankies ^-^ I love Canterbury tales, havn't been since years and years ago.
Reply 10
I don't think I've ever actually been there, I guess the history of a city you've lived in most of your life isn't so exciting. Surprising I never had any school trips there
Reply 11
Yey I move in Lanfranc next week Saturday, nervous but also excited :biggrin:, wish I was going there earlier as
I am now so bored waiting doing nothing.
Reply 12
I'm at CCCU too... Well, I will be starting next week :P
But I've been thrown as far as Parham road! *sobs*
Reply 13
Quartilla
I'm at CCCU too... Well, I will be starting next week :P
But I've been thrown as far as Parham road! *sobs*

Aww Parham's not much further, maybe another 10-15min walk. And you're closer to ASDA, which is much better than Sainsbury's imo, open 24 hours too.
Hey! I'm a second year at Canterbury. Feel free to send me a message if you have any questions about the university or the area, and I am always willing to volunteer as a person for lonely people to hang around with, haha.
Reply 15
Aww Parham's not much further, maybe another 10-15min walk. And you're closer to ASDA, which is much better than Sainsbury's imo, open 24 hours too.

Hehe Everything has its advantages, dun it? :wink:
I don't really mind walking 15min or so. But I'm still afraid I'll end up being late for stuff >.< Or too early due to paranoia XD
Reply 16
Quartilla
Hehe Everything has its advantages, dun it? :wink:
I don't really mind walking 15min or so. But I'm still afraid I'll end up being late for stuff >.< Or too early due to paranoia XD

Well just make sure you give yourself plenty of time to get there first couple of days, then after that you'll know exactly how long it will take you.

And to everyone else who will be here next week, perhaps we can arrange a day for us to all to meet up, get to know each other. Me and wordsearch both know the area, we can give you all the grand tour of Canterbury :biggrin:
hobo06
Well just make sure you give yourself plenty of time to get there first couple of days, then after that you'll know exactly how long it will take you.

And to everyone else who will be here next week, perhaps we can arrange a day for us to all to meet up, get to know each other. Me and wordsearch both know the area, we can give you all the grand tour of Canterbury :biggrin:

Haha, I'd be up for that. But I get the train in so not too obnoxiously early/late please :P
Reply 18
wordsearch
Haha, I'd be up for that. But I get the train in so not too obnoxiously early/late please :P

Mornings don't exist to me during the holidays! Where are you living then? Not moving into Canterbury for uni?
hobo06
Mornings don't exist to me during the holidays! Where are you living then? Not moving into Canterbury for uni?

Good, because if I'd been summoned over there any earlier than 12, I might have had to start killing people.

Nah, I only live about a 15 minute train journey away so there's never been much point me actually moving there! I would actually quite like to, but to be honest Canterbury is so expensive to live in that it wouldn't be worth it for me when I'm not that far away to begin with.

Latest

Trending

Trending