The Student Room Group

GCSE Revision books

I am currently a year 9 student and next year am hoping to study Physics, chemistry and biology (AQA), Maths (EDEXEL), Latin, English lit and language (AQA), History (IGCSE), Food and nutrition (IGCSE), Business studies (AQA).

I was wondering if I need to change my options and what books you guys would recommend as I have a few CGP for science, maths and engllsih language and also Pearsons for maths. I was wondering what books you would recommend and also if I need to change my options up as I am seeking to do a medical degree at uni?
Original post by m31lz
I am currently a year 9 student and next year am hoping to study Physics, chemistry and biology (AQA), Maths (EDEXEL), Latin, English lit and language (AQA), History (IGCSE), Food and nutrition (IGCSE), Business studies (AQA).

I was wondering if I need to change my options and what books you guys would recommend as I have a few CGP for science, maths and engllsih language and also Pearsons for maths. I was wondering what books you would recommend and also if I need to change my options up as I am seeking to do a medical degree at uni?

i've just started year 12 and tbh I don't think your gcse options particularly matter when applying to uni - the most important thing for them is to make sure they allow you to take the a-levels you want.
as for books, the only cgp books I looked at often were the maths ones (and that's only because I'm awful at taking maths notes).
make sure you relax in year 9 - it's the last semi-relaxing year you'll have for a while :smile:
Original post by m31lz

I was wondering if I need to change my options and what books you guys would recommend as I have a few CGP for science, maths and engllsih language and also Pearsons for maths. I was wondering what books you would recommend and also if I need to change my options up as I am seeking to do a medical degree at uni?Submit reply

i've just started year 12 and tbh I don't think your gcse options particularly matter when applying to uni - the most important thing for them is to make sure they allow you to take the a-levels you want.
as for books, the only cgp books I looked at often were the maths ones (and that's only because I'm awful at taking maths notes).
make sure you relax in year 9 - it's the last semi-relaxing year you'll have for a while :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest