The Student Room Group

Does my gf wanna be with me?

We have told each other that we love each other for months now, but she is doubting our relationship now as she has GCSEs coming up and will have to focus on studying.

I convinced her to stay with me and she has told me now that she has still got feelings and wants to make this work.

She keeps reminding me though that things can happen in the future in relationships which means we might not be able to stay together, but she then says that she wants to try and make this work.

Does she really want to stay and make this work? Because if she did, would she really have said "sometimes people fall out of love"? Or was she just saying that and I am overthinking?
she doesn't want to be in a relationship with u she is just scared that maybe she really do loves u and she doesn't want to lose u so she is staying with u because she doesn't want to be guilty if she hurts u so what u have to do is assure her its OK if she doesn't want to be in the relationship even if that's not how u are feeling u have to be the man and tell her because she is going to keep coming back
Hey if she loved u then she would learn how to manage time as well as doing GCSE’s, people still have relationships and make time for their friends too and still do well in their GCSE’s. I assume she’s not going to have time for her friends then either lol. Just reassure her that it can work out and college is much harder than highschool so if she’s struggling to stay in a relationship with u now then she certainly won’t last in college.
(edited 3 years ago)
Well, she's said she wants to stay, so you should trust her?

It seems reasonable that she wants to acknowledge that it may not work out and make sure you guys are on the same page with expectations. Personally, I found it so awkward when my ex-girlfriend would talk about marriage/kids/the future because we hadn't been togther for long and I wanted to just see where things went - it's part of why we broke up. I wouldn't worry about it too much and just try to keep channels of communication open and make sure she's happy and you're giving her the space she needs around exams. If you really can't trust her when she says she's committed, that's a real problem and you need to think about why you feel that way and what you can do personally to mitigate it (including whether that relationship is one that makes you happy).

:goodluck:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending