The Student Room Group

He likes me but his gf?

He complimented me 8 months ago saying I look good in front of his on and off girlfriend or love interest and when I invited him to go out for drinks with my female friends, he agreed and came along. He was fine until his girlfriend texted him something which made him very stressed and he abruptly left.

Turns out she was upset with him for some reason and they had a brief break up but they got together again.

He never interacted much with me after that. We would chat but he did not compliment or say anything after that.

I was trying to gossip about her to my female friends because she stole me from him but she told him about me

He was talking to my friend in our shared study space and when my friend tried to tell him about me (without mentioning my name) , describing how I look/hair colour changes, he did not recognise me initially. Instead, he thought of my other friend who constantly colours her hair. He only recognised me when my friend mentioned how I asked him out for drinks .

He likes me right so how can he not recognise me and see my hair changes? I dyed my black hair to highlights to reddish but he couldn't recognise me??

He literally complimented me?

Scroll to see replies

You sound sort of obsessed with him. He has a gf so just stay away from him and stop trying to be a home wrecker.
Reply 2
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
You sound sort of obsessed with him. He has a gf so just stay away from him and stop trying to be a home wrecker.

But he likes me right ?
Original post by Anonymous
But he likes me right ?

I wouldn't necessarily think so. But again, what does it matter when he's taken.
Reply 4
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
I wouldn't necessarily think so. But again, what does it matter when he's taken.

Why don't you think so?
He complimented me 8 months ago saying I look good in front of his on and off girlfriend or love interest and when I invited him to go out for drinks with my female friends, he agreed and came along. He was fine until his girlfriend texted him something which made him very stressed and he abruptly left.

Turns out she was upset with him for some reason and they had a brief break up but they got together again.

He never interacted much with me after that. We would chat but he did not compliment or say anything after that.

I was trying to gossip about her to my female friends because she stole me from him but she told him about me

He was talking to my friend in our shared study space and when my friend tried to tell him about me (without mentioning my name) , describing how I look/hair colour changes, he did not recognise me initially. Instead, he thought of my other friend who constantly colours her hair. He only recognised me when my friend mentioned how I asked him out for drinks .

He likes me right so how can he not recognise me and see my hair changes? I dyed my black hair to highlights to reddish but he couldn't recognise me??

He's in the wrong, his gf should dump him
A compliment doesn't mean he is interested in you romantically. Especially not when it was in front of his partner. Given it has been 8 months I think it is fair to say he isn't interested.
Your looking into it too much , chill . It was 8 months ago and you had a dramatic change with your hair . How is he supposed to recognise you ? If he has only seen you once it is fair to say that he wouldn’t recognise you at first unless you hung out together all the time and with the time it’s been since him recognising you after a while is already good enough . Most people would of forgotten just like I wouldn’t remember much about somebody I only met and spoke to for a few hours months ago .
Reply 8
Your looking into it too much , chill . It was 8 months ago and you had a dramatic change with your hair . How is he supposed to recognise you ? If he has only seen you once it is fair to say that he wouldn’t recognise you at first unless you hung out together all the time and with the time it’s been since him recognising you after a while is already good enough . Most people would of forgotten just like I wouldn’t remember much about somebody I only met and spoke to for a few hours months ago .

We see each other almost everyday in study space
Reply 9
Original post by 1582
A compliment doesn't mean he is interested in you romantically. Especially not when it was in front of his partner. Given it has been 8 months I think it is fair to say he isn't interested.

Why not if it was in front of his partner?
Why not if it was in front of his partner?

If it was in front of his partner it was likely platonic. If he wanted to hit on a girl it'd be idiotic to do it in front of the person he is with. He would wait until she isn't around.
(edited 9 months ago)
i complimented by friends hair, using your logic it means that im a lesbian?
Reply 12
Original post by 1582
If it was in front of his partner it was likely platonic. If he wanted to hit on a girl it'd be idiotic to do it in front of the person he is with. He would wait until she isn't around.

Did he do this to make her jealous?? They were having issues that time
Did he do this to make her jealous?? They were having issues that time

Why are you so bothered about someone else's relationship and trying to home-wreck? its giving weirdo

Every couple will have issues, thats what makes a relationship stronger

Stop chasing after a man that is in a relationship, you wouldn't like it if a random girl tried to flirt with ur boyfriend?

Just find another man? is it that hard?
Reply 14
Original post by tinaaa.aaaa
Why are you so bothered about someone else's relationship and trying to home-wreck? its giving weirdo

Every couple will have issues, thats what makes a relationship stronger

Stop chasing after a man that is in a relationship, you wouldn't like it if a random girl tried to flirt with ur boyfriend?

Just find another man? is it that hard?

Because I like him
Because I like him

So you wanna be the side chick? moving like a beg go find someone else, or get confronted by his girlfriend trust its going to be tragic for u
(edited 9 months ago)

So what? That doesn't mean he likes you. That doesn't mean he's interested in you. He has a girlfriend. You received 1 compliment 8 months ago. 8 months ago. He has done nothing from the time he went out for drinks with you to even suggest any romantic interest.

If a man complimented you 8 months ago and was still trying to force himself into your life at any opportunity, would you be creeped out? Would you feel unnerved and uncomfortable? Because that is what this sounds like. Not everybody wants to be with you, even if you want them to be, even if they may have not said it outright, and even if they may find you attractive.

Accept it for what it is and move on with your life for the sake of yourself and everybody else. The fact that you can drink means you're too old to be doing this.

Don't waste your time trying to win someone over who may or may not be interested. If you want somebody, find compatibility and friendship-a spark that is unique and wonderful. When you're interested in someone who already has a partner, you're likely going to cause a lot of unrest and irritation.
Original post by JDINCINERATOR
Don't waste your time trying to win someone over who may or may not be interested. If you want somebody, find compatibility and friendship-a spark that is unique and wonderful. When you're interested in someone who already has a partner, you're likely going to cause a lot of unrest and irritation.

its really embarrassing as well, they either have attachment problems or just insecure honestly imagine having someone who's obsessed with your bf id be mad too
Original post by tinaaa.aaaa
its really embarrassing as well, they either have attachment problems or just insecure honestly imagine having someone who's obsessed with your bf id be mad too

I wouldn't bother with relationships if it's all about the worry of maintaining them and concerning yourself with "homewreckers." I don't think relationships are helpful if you're worried about your partner's loyalty or others trying snatch your partner for themselves.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending