The Student Room Group

This is going to sound so soppy

I met this guy like a few months ago and we got along really well + been texting and seeing each other (not like ‘seeing each other’ more like running into each other all the time) more frequently.

I think this is the first time where I was genuinely excited to get to know this person more, like I hadn’t felt like this about any other guy before. We had so much in common, same mutual friends, same uni everything and couldn’t believe we’d never met each other before our second last year of uni. Of course since then I’ve developed a bit of a crush on him and I’m not sure if he feels the same but he does make an effort to go out of his way to talk to me/ see me at parties if we happen to be there at the same time so maybe he feels the same?

Now I myself don’t really believe in fate or anything but I just couldn’t help but notice so many coincidences and similarities- lived in the same area for years without realising, did the same modules last year but never really interacted, ethnically from the same place in our home country, and since meeting each other we seem to either run into each other frequently or are at the same place within 5 minutes of each other and just missed the other person.

Idk I guess I just find it intriguing that we have so much in common and have been around each other without ever realising it or interacting until that one night at the party and now can’t stop talking/ running into each other. I don’t want to pursue this because I’m pretty sure he’s got a long term girlfriend but also at the same time I do want to be friends with him because he’s such an interesting person and I guess I just feel a bit guilty about having a crush on him, the conversations we have are very random and not al all flirtatious, they’re just about things we find interesting and nothing that could be misinterpreted by the gf.
Reply 1
I also don’t really know the nature of this relationship, lots of mutual friends have mentioned that they think it’s a strange relationship/ don’t really understand why they’re still together. So like I’m a bit worried that his intention with the texting is different to mine
Original post by Anonymous #1
I met this guy like a few months ago and we got along really well + been texting and seeing each other (not like ‘seeing each other’ more like running into each other all the time) more frequently.

I think this is the first time where I was genuinely excited to get to know this person more, like I hadn’t felt like this about any other guy before. We had so much in common, same mutual friends, same uni everything and couldn’t believe we’d never met each other before our second last year of uni. Of course since then I’ve developed a bit of a crush on him and I’m not sure if he feels the same but he does make an effort to go out of his way to talk to me/ see me at parties if we happen to be there at the same time so maybe he feels the same?

Now I myself don’t really believe in fate or anything but I just couldn’t help but notice so many coincidences and similarities- lived in the same area for years without realising, did the same modules last year but never really interacted, ethnically from the same place in our home country, and since meeting each other we seem to either run into each other frequently or are at the same place within 5 minutes of each other and just missed the other person.

Idk I guess I just find it intriguing that we have so much in common and have been around each other without ever realising it or interacting until that one night at the party and now can’t stop talking/ running into each other. I don’t want to pursue this because I’m pretty sure he’s got a long term girlfriend but also at the same time I do want to be friends with him because he’s such an interesting person and I guess I just feel a bit guilty about having a crush on him, the conversations we have are very random and not al all flirtatious, they’re just about things we find interesting and nothing that could be misinterpreted by the gf.

My advice is for you to take a step back. He has a girlfriend which indicates hes not open to knowing you in a way more than friendship. If you have an impact on his life and he notices that you have taken a step back/ is missing ur presence in his life, there may be something there. Do update us!
Original post by Anonymous #1

I echo what the other anon said. Respect his boundaries with his long term gf. And try not to let your crush get out of hand.

However there is nothing wrong becoming a good friend of his so long as no boundaries are violated proverbial speaking. I'm also a male in a long term relationship with my gf but also my best friend is a female too and we are great friends she's been single for a while but has never tried to seduce me or anything so yeah it's definitely possible for others to have that sort of bond. Good luck!
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous #2
My advice is for you to take a step back. He has a girlfriend which indicates hes not open to knowing you in a way more than friendship. If you have an impact on his life and he notices that you have taken a step back/ is missing ur presence in his life, there may be something there. Do update us!

Nono I completely understand, I also wanna be friends, I don’t think either of us is implying that this is anything more. It’s just other people have mentioned that he’s mentioned me a lot when he speaks to them etc. so I’m just a bit cautious about this situation
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous #3
I echo what the other anon said. Respect his boundaries with his long term gf. And try not to let your crush get out of hand.

However there is nothing wrong becoming a good friend of his so long as no boundaries are violated proverbial speaking. I'm also a male in a long term relationship with my gf but also my best friend is a female too and we are great friends she's been single for a while but has never tried to seduce me or anything so yeah it's definitely possible for others to have that sort of bond. Good luck!

Yes I completely agree :smile: I am hoping that whatever is being said about their relationship is just hearsay/ rumours rather than actually being true. They’ve been together 4+ years so like I don’t understand where these rumours are coming from anyway and I’ve had various friends be like ‘I think he’s got a crush on you’ etc. like why would he do that if he’s got a very serious relationship you know?

I’ll admit I have a crush but this happens with me for every guy friend and it comes and goes and I would never act on it anyway. I think my friends have just gotten into my head a bit
i think the answer is pretty simple dont pursue him if he has a gf. its nice that u have a lot in common and that could be a really nice friendship just make sure u dont cross the line.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending