The Student Room Group

I’m predicted A*A*A and a D2 in Pre-U, am I setting my sights to high

Hi everyone! I’m two weeks away from applying to uni and really stressing out about which unis to apply to. I’m applying for History and currently attend a state school. My GCSE grades are all 9s, except an 8 in French. My predicted grades are A* in English, A* in History and A in Maths (which could be going up to an A*). I also have a D2 in the Pre-U Global Perspectives short course and am predicted a D2 for the second year as well. I love old unis that are full of tradition or near the beach... I’m not too fussed about clubbing though as I think I’ll prefer bars. At the moment, I’m hoping to apply to Cambridge (Jesus, A*AA), Durham (St Chad’s, A*AA), St Andrews (AAA), Edinburgh (AAB-ABB) and Exeter (AAB-ABB).Am I being overly ambitious??
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by evevhismk
Hi everyone! I’m two weeks away from applying to uni and really stressing out about which unis to apply to. I’m applying for History. My predicted grades are A* in English, A* in History and A in Maths (which could be going up to an A*). I also have a D2 in the Pre-U Global Perspectives short course and am predicted a D2 for the second year as well. I love old unis that are full of tradition or near the beach... I’m not too fussed about clubbing though as I think I’ll prefer bars. At the moment, I’m hoping to apply to Cambridge (Jesus, A*AA), Durham (St Chad’s, A*AA), St Andrews (AAA), Edinburgh (AAB-ABB) and Exeter (AAB-ABB).Am I being overly ambitious??

No, you're predicted grades are really good. I'm sure you'd have a very good chance of getting to any of those you listed :borat:
That seems like a good mix. None should be ridiculously out of reach (based on grades only, obviously anything can happen with a Cambridge app!) and you have a couple of safer options too. If the worst comes to the worst you can apply through clearing. Hopefully you won't need to even think about that though! :smile:
1) Subject?

2) Just be aware that grade ranges like AAA-ABB, the lower grade set is usually for contextual offers. Unless you are certain you qualify for that, always assume the offer you will get will be the higher grades.
And just to add, you're not two weeks away from applying. You're one week - at least to Cambridge!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending