The Student Room Group

Cranking for fun

Are there woman out there who truly enjoy it when there cars won't and they have pump the pedal ...sometimes hard ...sometimes fast .I am really curious about this ,and if so would love to hear back from you
Original post by bigchie33
Are there woman out there who truly enjoy it when there cars won't and they have pump the pedal ...sometimes hard ...sometimes fast .I am really curious about this ,and if so would love to hear back from you

What does being a woman have to do with it? I'm genuinely confused. But I think a handful of people like that. I can't drive yet but I certainly LOVE revving up an engine especially when it takes extra long to start. There's something oddly satisfying about the roaring noise, and the rumbles that vibrate my seat like I'm bringing something to life. It's even better in a truck. I don't know why but I could write a poem about such a mundane act.
Original post by Daryl_01
What does being a woman have to do with it? I'm genuinely confused. But I think a handful of people like that. I can't drive yet but I certainly LOVE revving up an engine especially when it takes extra long to start. There's something oddly satisfying about the roaring noise, and the rumbles that vibrate my seat like I'm bringing something to life. It's even better in a truck. I don't know why but I could write a poem about such a mundane act.

I'm guessing she's asking for women because car enthusiasts are typically male. Sure, they love cars for the "Bling" factor, but to find a girl who actually enjoy the thrill of driving etc. they're uncommon IMHO.

However, please be aware that it's bad for the engine to really rev it from a cold start. It can prematurely age the engine as the oil needs to warm up before it can effectively lubricate the necessary parts.

I guess there's no harm in doing it once in a while, but bear in mind the above if you do it all the time.
Original post by Old Skool Freak
I'm guessing she's asking for women because car enthusiasts are typically male. Sure, they love cars for the "Bling" factor, but to find a girl who actually enjoy the thrill of driving etc. they're uncommon IMHO.

However, please be aware that it's bad for the engine to really rev it from a cold start. It can prematurely age the engine as the oil needs to warm up before it can effectively lubricate the necessary parts.

I guess there's no harm in doing it once in a while, but bear in mind the above if you do it all the time.

You probably have a different definition for this issue. All the girls around me enjoy the thrill of driving. It's enjoyable, relaxing, and a way to let everything go. Don't we all just go for those long, directionless drives when we need to air our heads? It's normal for everyone not just males. There's usually nothing flashy about cars to most of us. Not being a car enthusiast doesn't mean you don't love driving. Those are very different things. I am both a car enthusiast and someone who loves driving. The two are definitely not the same things.

I do know the effects of revving the engine like that. I mean I did ruin a few, and I have learned a lot about them. Lol. But it's a guilty pleasure so it is what it is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending