The Student Room Group

Sky Graduate Scheme 2021

Hey guys,

I noticed there was a post from last year for the sky graduate scheme for 2020 entry, so I thought I would create one for 2021. :smile:

I've just completed the digital assessment and now I wait. Anyone else applied ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by rhoxc
Hey guys,

I noticed there was a post from last year for the sky graduate scheme for 2020 entry, so I thought I would create one for 2021. :smile:

I've just completed the digital assessment and now I wait. Anyone else applied ?

Thanks for creating this.

Yes I have, I applied for Cyber Security. I progressed to Digital Assessment 2 and will be completing it in the next day or two. Have you completed Digital Assessment 2? The one where you are told there are some questions requiring you to record yourself.
(edited 3 years ago)
I've just progressed to the digital assessment 2 also. I'm not sure what this one entails - I'll have to have another look on the website and see if there was any advice/information!

I've applied to the finance scheme - good luck with your applications :smile:
idk I personally prefer BT
Reply 4
Original post by rhoxc
Hey guys,

Hi,
Yes I have applied to the Cyber Security Grad Scheme. Just got asked to do the Digital Assessment 2 which I am planning to do in 3 days time.
Reply 5
Original post by euler94

Yes I have, I applied for Cyber Security. I progressed to Digital Assessment 2 and will be completing it in the next day or two. Have you completed Digital Assessment 2? The one where you are told there are some questions requiring you to record yourself.

Hi,

I have also applied for Cyber Security and have just been asked to complete the Digital Assessment 2. I will do it maybe in 3 days. Please let me know how your one goes and any advice you would give. Thanks
Reply 6
Anyone done the vid interview yet? Unsure of what to expect as it's not very clear from the email
Reply 7
Original post by t7a
Anyone done the vid interview yet? Unsure of what to expect as it's not very clear from the email

What stream?
Has anyone done the video interview for the Cyber security scheme yet???
Reply 9
Hey I have applied for the buisness rotational programme! Going to do my assesment two in the next few days, have you done it?
Reply 10
Original post by euler94

Hey! No I haven’t done it yet, I plan on doing it tomorrow. I have a friend who got onto the 2020 programme and she said the video assessment wasn’t one you could really prepare for. Just make sure you know your stuff about Sky and you’re passionate.
Original post by needsajob
I just finished the coding assessment for the Software scheme

What was the assessment like?
Original post by rhoxc
Hey! No I haven’t done it yet, I plan on doing it tomorrow. I have a friend who got onto the 2020 programme and she said the video assessment wasn’t one you could really prepare for. Just make sure you know your stuff about Sky and you’re passionate.

Hi!! Did your friend tell you if there was time to prep in between other questions? I did an interview for Tesco and they had prep times of 30 seconds to 3 minutes so was hoping for the same?
Reply 13
I've just completed the Sky Job Sim for Finance:-

3 video questions. The one mentioned by F1 USM had 2 minutes of preparation time. The other two questions don't have any timer at all, and you can spend as long as you like before recording your answers. They are all situational and thus it requires no preparation at all.

The rest of the assessment includes writing one email (untimed) and the drag-and-drop multi choice questions.

Good luck!
Reply 14
Original post by teerlxo
Hey I have applied for the buisness rotational programme! Going to do my assesment two in the next few days, have you done it?

Which assessment?
Just finished Digital Assessment 2 for the Technology rotational programme. It had some situational questions where you had to arrange your answers from top to bottom by dragging responses. There was also a further four situational questions where you had to video record your response. Lastly, there was a question where you had to write an email about something. It wasn't all in this order but you get the idea. All in all, a nice little assessment that I wouldn't stress too much about. However, one thing I just realised is that I haven't submitted my CV anywhere. Have I missed the section to upload it or do they not require your CV?
I just went through Digital Assessment 2 for Cyber Security. There were 3 videos, one of which is about you and the other are just about some basic decision making (you can do it), one of which has unlimited time to think about it (the others give you 1 or 2 mins to think about them). The rest of the questions are easy.
Reply 17
Original post by simranw.99
Hi!! Did your friend tell you if there was time to prep in between other questions? I did an interview for Tesco and they had prep times of 30 seconds to 3 minutes so was hoping for the same?

I think she said they gave you about a minute or less to prepare for the video answers x
Reply 18
Original post by zebraaaa
Just finished Digital Assessment 2 for the Technology rotational programme. It had some situational questions where you had to arrange your answers from top to bottom by dragging responses. There was also a further four situational questions where you had to video record your response. Lastly, there was a question where you had to write an email about something. It wasn't all in this order but you get the idea. All in all, a nice little assessment that I wouldn't stress too much about. However, one thing I just realised is that I haven't submitted my CV anywhere. Have I missed the section to upload it or do they not require your CV?

I don’t think Sky assess people based on their CV but rather the person themselves, their strengths and weaknesses etc..
I don’t know if this is good or bad 😂
Original post by needsajob
It was okay. Only struggled with the final question

How many questions were there and what were they like? I see on the application that the language they want you to use is C? Do you get to choose from any others or just C? Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest