Ariarix
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Was Exeter in clearing/adjustment for law in the past few years?
Is it worth calling them up on results day for adjustment or am I wasting time
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ariarix)
Was Exeter in clearing/adjustment for law in the past few years?
Is it worth calling them up on results day for adjustment or am I wasting time
No it wasnt but it was accepting students on its Penryn campus. Here are some of the places in cleating for Law for 2019

Unis in Clearing for Law 2019:

Warwick and Durham not in Clearing
Bristol not in Clearing for home students (Adjustment at A*AA with no LNAT)
Nottingham had a handful of places in "early clearing" at AAA or equivalent (plus LNAT) but by 10am on A level results day, it was International only
Birmingham AAA but places filled by 10am on A level results day
QMUL LLB vacancies at AAA
Sheffield LLB vacancies at AAA/AAB
Newcastle LLB ABB
Southampton LLB vacancies ABB (reportedly accepted BBC)
Cardiff .....ABB (reportedly lower) vacancies not published until A level results
Exeter vacancies for LLB at BBB (or BCC with Business) at Penryn
(those who missed their offer by even one grade got revised offer at Penryn)
Lancaster LLB vacancies BBB/BBC
Queens Uni Belfast LLB ABC/BBB
Leicester uni LLB vacancies BBB, reportedly accepted ABD
Liverpool LLB only in early Clearing for those achieving around BBB/BBC
SOAS BBB/BBC
Surrey LLB vacancies at BBB/BBC
Sussex LLB vacancies at BBC
Kent LLB vacancies at BBC
Keele LLB vacancies at BBC
Sheffield Hallam BBC
Aston LLB Law & Management BBC
City Uni LLB BBC/BCC
Reading reportedly went down to BCD
UEA, RHUL, Swansea, Hull LLB vacancies (grades not known)
Oxford Brookes LLB 96 UCAS points
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Adjustment - if you get higher grades than required for your Firm - these 'vacancies' are not advertised and dont rely on a course being in Clearing. Just phone your preferred Uni and ask.
Ariarix
Rep:
?
(Original post by McGinger)
Adjustment - if you get higher grades than required for your Firm - these 'vacancies' are not advertised and dont rely on a course being in Clearing. Just phone your preferred Uni and ask.
Yeah so that’s why I asked if there’s any point in calling Exeter but I don’t think so?
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ariarix)
Yeah so that’s why I asked if there’s any point in calling Exeter but I don’t think so?
I'm assuming we are talking about 2021 entry - wait until you have your results and if you exceed your Firm requirements, and call them.
Ariarix
Rep:
?
(Original post by McGinger)
I'm assuming we are talking about 2021 entry - wait until you have your results and if you exceed your Firm requirements, and call them.
Are you sure the places won’t already be filled out? Because I don’t want to do law with business in Exeter or anything
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Usually Exeter at Streatham fills its Law course in advance. That is the position. I dont want to give you false hope but nobody will really know for definite until results day but given what has happened in previous years it is extremely unlikely you will get into Exeter on results day. It might be slightly different for overseas applicants
Ariarix
Rep:
?
(Original post by swanseajack1)
Usually Exeter at Streatham fills its Law course in advance. That is the position. I dont want to give you false hope but nobody will really know for definite until results day but given what has happened in previous years it is extremely unlikely you will get into Exeter on results day. It might be slightly different for overseas applicants
Yh that’s true. Thanks though
Uni of Hull Students
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Ariarix,

As swanseajack1 mentioned earlier in the thread, Hull offers Law through clearing and there are many different options to choose from (which can be found here (https://www.hull.ac.uk/faculties/subjects/law). If this is something you may be interested in then there are current Law students which you can speak to about their experience and the course. If you visit the following link then you can chat to Chloe, a recent graduate.

Hope this helps,
Millie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (513)
33.75%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (627)
41.25%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (311)
20.46%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (69)
4.54%

Watched Threads