The Student Room Group

how long does it take for the smell to go down there?

how long does it take for the smell down there to go after shaving. my shaving cream is fragrented so now my area is producing a really bad odor bc the fragrance was close to the inside of it.
it smells really bad and i feel like others would be able to smell it if i meet them.
I am really sorry I not really sure but drinks lots of water and gently clean it with only water. It might take two weeks to disappear. If not visit the clinic or doc.
Original post by Vanessa Peace
I am really sorry I not really sure but drinks lots of water and gently clean it with only water. It might take two weeks to disappear. If not visit the clinic or doc.

why would it take 2 weeks?! It's just on your skin - wash again with a fragrance free soap/wash and it would go away pretty quickly (like a couple of washes max). And make sure you have changed your underwear in case the smell is coming from there.

However, if you are referring to a bad smell coming from inside your vagina after your put shaving cream too close, it could be BV due to you upsetting the pH balance down there - if you think that's the case, might be worth having a chat to a pharmacist or your GP.
If the smell is concerning you, visit the doctor. It's always best to get these things checked out.
Hey, you shouldnt be having a smell down there directly after shaving so its worth checking with your doctor to see if you have a yeast infection. You could try using shaving cream without fragrance. I tend to use hair conditioner down there for a smoother shave and it should be fine as long as it doesn’t go inside. Even if you are using a fragranced shaving cream, the process of shaving shouldn’t allow for any of it to be going inside. Does this happen everytime you shave?
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, you shouldnt be having a smell down there directly after shaving so its worth checking with your doctor to see if you have a yeast infection. You could try using shaving cream without fragrance. I tend to use hair conditioner down there for a smoother shave and it should be fine as long as it doesn’t go inside. Even if you are using a fragranced shaving cream, the process of shaving shouldn’t allow for any of it to be going inside. Does this happen everytime you shave?

yh it happens most of the times after shaving. do you use conditioner to shave as a shaving cream? and does it work better than shaving cream?
Original post by Anonymous
yh it happens most of the times after shaving. do you use conditioner to shave as a shaving cream? and does it work better than shaving cream?

Yeah I just find conditioner a lot better to shave with, I feel like it softens the skin and hair, giving a smoother shave. Try it to shave next time, cause I think you might be having a reaction to your shaving cream if youre getting a smell everytime. If you still get the smell then visit your doctor.
Original post by black tea
why would it take 2 weeks?! It's just on your skin - wash again with a fragrance free soap/wash and it would go away pretty quickly (like a couple of washes max). And make sure you have changed your underwear in case the smell is coming from there.

However, if you are referring to a bad smell coming from inside your vagina after your put shaving cream too close, it could be BV due to you upsetting the pH balance down there - if you think that's the case, might be worth having a chat to a pharmacist or you

That's why I said I am not sure.

Quick Reply

Latest