hyr3sa
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello guys, I just wanted to know more information about the job role Physician Associate because its such new healthcare role. Is there career progression in this role like Senior PA or management? I saw their salary is up to band 7 which go up to £44,000 but is there anyone who has earned more than that? I am very confused as I want to have a job that is going to help me progress in my career and give me better opportunity. Please help me!
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Read https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6721042

(Original post by hyr3sa)
Hello guys, I just wanted to know more information about the job role Physician Associate because its such new healthcare role. Is there career progression in this role like Senior PA or management?
PAs start at Band 6 for a couple of years during their internship.

Most PAs work at Band 7. Senior PAs may go up to Band 8a.

I saw their salary is up to band 7 which go up to £44,000 but is there anyone who has earned more than that? I am very confused as I want to have a job that is going to help me progress in my career and give me better opportunity. Please help me!
As above. You can move to senior management and teaching roles which will boost your income.

However there is no defined career progression like a doctor (FY1 -> SHO -> registrar -> consultant).
hyr3sa
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by ecolier)
Read https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6721042

PAs start at Band 6 for a couple of years during their internship.

Most PAs work at Band 7. Senior PAs may go up to Band 8a.

As above. You can move to senior management and teaching roles which will boost your income.

However there is no defined career progression like a doctor (FY1 -> SHO -> registrar -> consultant).
Thank you. That makes sense but I saw some job advert for Physician Associate, they had some salary that are above band 8a. That may be for Senior or more experienced PAs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (629)
33.64%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (787)
42.09%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (370)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (84)
4.49%

Watched Threads