The Student Room Group

Going to University in 2021

Hello everyone,
I’m a mature student going to university next year, (will be 23) i’m going to uni in either Scotland or England. I’m from Northern Ireland. I have the grades to go to uni here but have only applied for unis in England and Scotland, for the adventure and uni experience. (I’ve actually received one unconditional offer already so woo) I’m obviously going to be staying in halls. However, i’m slightly worried now due to covid, that students will be asked to work from home. I’ve still applied to go next year anyway. However don’t see the point in going to a uni in England or Scotland if i’ll just end up staying at home. Don’t think i’ll have the full uni experience if i’m working from home. Hoping things will have calmed down by September!! Anyone else feeling the same? 🙄
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by SLouiseaaaaaaa
Hello everyone,
I’m a mature student going to university next year, (will be 23) i’m going to uni in either Scotland or England. I’m from Northern Ireland. I have the grades to go to uni here but have only applied for unis in England and Scotland, for the adventure and uni experience. (I’ve actually received one unconditional offer already so woo) I’m obviously going to be staying in halls. However, i’m slightly worried now due to covid, that students will be asked to work from home. I’ve still applied to go next year anyway. However don’t see the point in going to a uni in England or Scotland if i’ll just end up staying at home. Don’t think i’ll have the full uni experience if i’m working from home. Hoping things will have calmed down by September!! Anyone else feeling the same? 🙄

Even if they don't fully calm down by September, a degree takes more than a year, so plenty of time to enjoy the experience later in your course if necessary :smile: (everyone will be in the same boat, so I imagine everyone will be looking for that proper "uni experience" when possible, even if that doesn't come until later in first year or even after that.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending