The Student Room Group

Current Cambridge Students: Predicted Grades

Hi all!
What were your predicted grades? What are you studying and at what college?

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

Isn't the standard offer A*A*A?
Reply 2
Original post by Theloniouss
Isn't the standard offer A*A*A?

For some subjects, yes. Many students still do get in below the predicted grades A*A*A though, apparently, for reasons such as schools underpredicting I think.
Original post by Avesta2003
For some subjects, yes. Many students still do get in below the predicted grades A*A*A though, apparently, for reasons such as schools underpredicting I think.

This is a bit old (2015), but no trinity applicants were invited to interview with less than A*A*A (source)

Here it is for 2019, harder to read but I couldn't spot any interviews for applicants with less than A*A*A (source)
Reply 4
Original post by Theloniouss
This is a bit old (2015), but no trinity applicants were invited to interview with less than A*A*A (source)

Here it is for 2019, harder to read but I couldn't spot any interviews for applicants with less than A*A*A (source)

thanks for that; the people I found who did get in below those entry grades were from other colleges like Trinity Hall. That's some worrying stats though! My ECF explains everything but I'm not sure if they'll take it into account...
Reply 5
I should start accepting the fact that I will not get into Trinity and will not get pooled... :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:
I should start accepting the fact that I will not get into Trinity and will not get pooled... :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

Would the fact you are doing 4 A-Levels rather than 3 make any significant difference? It's good to be realistic but don't give up hope yet ok x
Reply 7
Original post by _Kestrel_
Would the fact you are doing 4 A-Levels rather than 3 make any significant difference? It's good to be realistic but don't give up hope yet ok x

thanks. Doubt it will though!
I’m not sure if this applies Cambridge but, from my experience, if you do 4 A levels but you don’t meet the minimum A*A*A requirement then it doesn’t matter if you get AAAAA in 5 A level subjects
Y12 predicted grades: AAB
Y13 predicted grades: A*A*AA
Grades: A*A*A*A
Reply 10
thanks for that; the people I found who did get in below those entry grades were from other colleges like Trinity Hall. That's some worrying stats though! My ECF explains everything but I'm not sure if they'll take it into account...

If you have an ECF then you should at the very least be given the chance to show what you can do. Although to be completely candid; Trinity has never had a reputation for being particularly forgiving or charitable about anyone missing their offers. Trinity is probably the strictest college when it comes to demanding grades from applicants.

The main thing to keep in mind is (hoping you are interviewed) a rejection from trinity is definitely not a rejection from cambridge. There is a lot of room to be rejected from trinity maths and still get an offer for the university. And there is a lot of time between now and the interview date to get some STEP practice and preparation work in to improve your interview performance.
Original post by R T
If you have an ECF then you should at the very least be given the chance to show what you can do. Although to be completely candid; Trinity has never had a reputation for being particularly forgiving or charitable about anyone missing their offers. Trinity is probably the strictest college when it comes to demanding grades from applicants.

The main thing to keep in mind is (hoping you are interviewed) a rejection from trinity is definitely not a rejection from cambridge. There is a lot of room to be rejected from trinity maths and still get an offer for the university. And there is a lot of time between now and the interview date to get some STEP practice and preparation work in to improve your interview performance.

Thanks - don't think I need to have STEP practice for the interview... do I??
Reply 12

You dont have to but I think STEP I is probably the best practice there is in terms of interview preparation.
Original post by R T
You dont have to but I think STEP I is probably the best practice there is in terms of interview preparation.

Alrighty, thanks! I was going to use the specimen interview papers for Trinity and such colleges
Reply 14
Original post by redmeercat
Y12 predicted grades: AAB
Y13 predicted grades: A*A*AA
Grades: A*A*A*A

Might be a stupid question, but why did you not have 4 Year 12 Predicted Grades?

Surely you've started prep for STEP already?

Arrange some practice interviews -
Original post by Ray3RE
Might be a stupid question, but why did you not have 4 Year 12 Predicted Grades?

One of the y13 As was EPQ :smile:
Original post by Muttley79
Surely you've started prep for STEP already?

Arrange some practice interviews -

I have to an extent, but haven't covered enough content yet to be able to do enough prep
I have to an extent, but haven't covered enough content yet to be able to do enough prep

STEP 1 questions would be a start ... you must have covered the content for that?
Original post by Muttley79
STEP 1 questions would be a start ... you must have covered the content for that?

Thanks, I believe I have.
Also RIP STEP1

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending