The Student Room Group

Not sure if I should study chemistry

I have an offer to study Chemistry and one to study a joint degree with economics. Considering everything Chemistry seems to make more sense in terms of variety of jobs and how good it looks on a cv, also if I decide to leave the finance industry science research would be something I would be interested in. However, I did not enjoy chemistry at A level I'd say I enjoyed some of physical and organic but lab work wasn't something I liked to do, I probably enjoyed 20% of it. When it comes to the other course I think I would enjoy it more but it would leave me limited in terms of career options. Right now I am looking at big 4 consulting, tax or deal advisory. Should I pick the chemistry course since it's more practical?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I have an offer to study Chemistry and one to study a joint degree with economics. Considering everything Chemistry seems to make more sense in terms of variety of jobs and how good it looks on a cv, also if I decide to leave the finance industry science research would be something I would be interested in. However, I did not enjoy chemistry at A level I'd say I enjoyed some of physical and organic but lab work wasn't something I liked to do, I probably enjoyed 20% of it. When it comes to the other course I think I would enjoy it more but it would leave me limited in terms of career options. Right now I am looking at big 4 consulting, tax or deal advisory. Should I pick the chemistry course since it's more practical?

??
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
??

bump
Reply 3
?????

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending