The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Bournemouth/Brighton Uni response time

My application is going to be sent off at the end of the week for marketing.
Are you in a hurry for some reason?

The average time for a decision from application date is 7 weeks (across all universities/courses) - it's longer the earlier you apply.
Universities have until May to decide on applications received by the January deadline, most aim for the end of March and some will process things a lot quicker (especially if demand for places is very low).

If you apply by the end of this week then you'll likely have decisions from most or all of your choices by Christmas (and then nearly 5 months to decide which offer to accept). There's no benefit to getting offers early or accepting any earlier than April.
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Original post by 14t
My application is going to be sent off at the end of the week for marketing.

Hi, does it require an interview or portfolio?

I guess every year will vary, bear in mind this year the academics and admissions teams are busy and still catching up from the exams fiasco this summer. Going back to hearing back from my uni in 2017, I heard back just before Christmas but many others I was at college with didn't hear back until January-March.

You'll be considered fairly though so don't rush and make sure your personal statement is perfect.

Good luck, let me know if you have any questions about BU :-)
Reply 3
Original post by nutristudentbu
Hi, does it require an interview or portfolio?

I guess every year will vary, bear in mind this year the academics and admissions teams are busy and still catching up from the exams fiasco this summer. Going back to hearing back from my uni in 2017, I heard back just before Christmas but many others I was at college with didn't hear back until January-March.

You'll be considered fairly though so don't rush and make sure your personal statement is perfect.

Good luck, let me know if you have any questions about BU :-)

Thank you! I sent off my application today and received an acknowledgment email :smile: (I didn’t rush my application or anything my personal statement was done by september 1st and i spent 2 months making edits ahah) Hopefully i’ll find out by christmas
Original post by 14t
Thank you! I sent off my application today and received an acknowledgment email :smile: (I didn’t rush my application or anything my personal statement was done by september 1st and i spent 2 months making edits ahah) Hopefully i’ll find out by christmas

Good luck, it'd be great to hear how you get on.

At least you can relax a bit now knowing you've done what you need to do :-)
Reply 5
Original post by nutristudentbu
Good luck, it'd be great to hear how you get on.

At least you can relax a bit now knowing you've done what you need to do :-)

Thanks man! I’ve got three offers so far!
Reply 6
I sent my application off for psychology on the 12th and got an offer from Bournemouth today(16th)!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Af762014
I sent my application off for psychology on the 12th and got an offer from Bournemouth today(16th)!

wooooo well done !!!!!!!!!!! what did they offer you?! & are u gonna put it is as ur firm? x
Reply 8
Original post by 14t
wooooo well done !!!!!!!!!!! what did they offer you?! & are u gonna put it is as ur firm? x

Thank youu! They offered me BBC and my predicted grades are ABB so I might put them as my insurance although I also have an unconditional offer from Plymouth so I’m not sure yet tbh just waiting for my other universities to respond (Nottingham, Reading and Nottingham Trent) :smile:
Reply 9

Thank youu! They offered me BBC and my predicted grades are ABB so I might put them as my insurance although I also have an unconditional offer from Plymouth so I’m not sure yet tbh just waiting for my other universities to respond (Nottingham, Reading and Nottingham Trent) :smile:

omg well done on that unconditional that’s amazing! good luck for ur other unis! <3
Original post by 14t
omg well done on that unconditional that’s amazing! good luck for ur other unis! <3

Ah thankyouu! You too best of luck xx
Original post by 14t
Thanks man! I’ve got three offers so far!

Congrats on the offers, hope they keep rolling in :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending