The Student Room Group

Opinion - Transport Planning (UCL, Leeds or Cardiff)?

Hi there;

i am an International student, considering to do the taught master for Transport and Planning. Applied to UCL, Leeds and Cardiff.

Already got the offers from all of them. I am still trying to figures out the pros and cons. I would be glad if you could share your opinions and experiences especially for the job and employability prospects among that three universities regards to the area of transport planning studies.

UCL is tempting as its ranking is in world top 20, and with the Bartlett school is top notch too. However, the fees went up by 3,500 pounds for next year 2021, plus the high living cost in London are quite a set back to me. Transport and City Planning is not an recognised program by CHIT to be a Transport Planning Professional, although UCL web page mentions that we could apply for it.

Leeds has its own Institute for Transport studies, the school fee is somewhere near to UCL too. Recognised program by CHIT. Living cost will be cheaper than London, i guess? but i dunno how much saving compare to London?

Cardiff, ranking is still in the world's top 200. School fee is quite lesser than above twos. Recognised program by CHIT. will the living cost be cheaper than Leeds?

thank you so much.
KK

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending