The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

MSc Social Science of the Internet (Oxford Internet Institute) 2021-22

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bellt
Guessing nobody has heard anything today? I have been checking my emails every 30 seconds....

Nope. Fingers crossed!!
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
So I'm guessing we're most likely gonna be hearing back on Friday if previous years' patterns are anything to trust, right?
Reply 182
I *think* so! Although that won't stop me from obsessing over my inbox today....Did anyone hear anything last night?
This past week, as it gets dark, I start getting paranoid knowing about the 2a rejection email. Either I don't sleep until 2a or I tend to wake up in the early hours of the night to check if there are any emails. I really can't wait for this to end and to hear from them.

Sending everyone else who is waiting positivity, prayers and strength - I hope we all find strength in knowing that we are going through the cycles of stress together. Having this space, to me has been a form of unexpected community.
Original post by kshdydjbdb
This past week, as it gets dark, I start getting paranoid knowing about the 2a rejection email. Either I don't sleep until 2a or I tend to wake up in the early hours of the night to check if there are any emails. I really can't wait for this to end and to hear from them.

Sending everyone else who is waiting positivity, prayers and strength - I hope we all find strength in knowing that we are going through the cycles of stress together. Having this space, to me has been a form of unexpected community.

I felt that :'( really, it's been a way more stressful week than I ever thought it could be haha. But thank you for your message!

Having this sense of community to some degree has been really helpful. I'm just gonna try to keep taking deep breaths and continue my work & keep wishing for the best!
(edited 3 years ago)

Thanks for sharing your feelings. We’re in this together and our waiting is in the end. I *think* they’ll send all the rejections at 2am; and the offers during tomorrow day. Wish you the best of luck! Be strong folks
Original post by levistrauss
Thanks for sharing your feelings. We’re in this together and our waiting is in the end. I *think* they’ll send all the rejections at 2am; and the offers during tomorrow day. Wish you the best of luck! Be strong folks

Don't you think they would have sent all the rejections by now? Given that they have been sending them on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (as people on this thread have shared)?
(edited 3 years ago)
Don't you think they would have sent all the rejections by now? Given that they have been sending them non Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (as people on this thread have shared)?

I don't think we have enough information to draw any substantial conclusions just based on this thread so I really couldn't say ://
Don't you think they would have sent all the rejections by now? Given that they have been sending them non Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (as people on this thread have shared)?

I really don’t think so. It’s a very competitive course and just in this thread we have, at least, 5 persons waiting for an answer. It’s sad but I don’t think that we all will get offers.
Reply 189
Yes, unfortunately, I agree with the above, although my wishful thinking keeps trying to say that perhaps all rejections have gone out! Has anyone heard back either way for the part-time course?
Someone posted a DPhil acceptance on gradcafe today. Good luck for tomorrow everyone!
Original post by Htb2021h
Someone posted a DPhil acceptance on gradcafe today. Good luck for tomorrow everyone!

Someone in SDS group just posted a DPhil acceptance as well. OMGGGGGG. The guy just said that the email arrived at 5 P.M sharp.
(edited 3 years ago)
Wow well done to the successful DPhil applicants! They must be over the moon!!! Hopefully this means that they focused on DPhils for today and the MSc apps will roll out tomorrow. Good luck guys!

Edit: Oh my gosh just seen and SDS MSc offer on gradcafe today as well! Thoughts re timing?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by al.ways
Wow well done to the successful DPhil applicants! They must be over the moon!!! Hopefully this means that they focused on DPhils for today and the MSc apps will roll out tomorrow. Good luck guys!

Edit: Oh my gosh just seen and SDS MSc offer on gradcafe today as well! Thoughts re timing?

I won’t sleep til 2am today! Thx for the update
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 194
Just received my offer letter (for part-time study), absolutely thrilled! Check your inboxes everyone...I know the wait has been agonising
Original post by bellt
Just received my offer letter (for part-time study), absolutely thrilled! Check your inboxes everyone...I know the wait has been agonising

OMG CONGRATULATIONS!!! This so exciting well done bellt!! I'm a full time applicant so hopefully that explains the longer wait (praying!!)
edit: sorry for the bother but was that you on gradcafe just now?
Original post by levistrauss
I won’t sleep til 2am today! Thx for the update

I'd join but have an early class tomorrow morning. The best to you!!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by bellt

Huge congratulations!!! Well done to you, hopefully you can get a good nights sleep today finally :smile:
Original post by al.ways
OMG CONGRATULATIONS!!! This so exciting well done bellt!! I'm a full time applicant so hopefully that explains the longer wait (praying!!)

I'm a full-time applicant as well and haven't heard anything either - solidarity! there's now 3 SSI acceptances on gradcafe (one specifying part-time) so I am getting a little anxious
Reply 198
Original post by al.ways

Thank you so much! I really am over the moon. No, I haven't posted on gradcafe.
Reply 199
Original post by limeandcoconut
Huge congratulations!!! Well done to you, hopefully you can get a good nights sleep today finally :smile:

Thank you so much! Hope you can too, at least the wait will hopefully be over by tomorrow evening....so close!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending