The Student Room Group

Internships / Studentships / Summer Placements?

I'm a 2nd Year Physics student and I'm trying to apply for internships but I don't really know where to start - can anyone offer some advice? I was advised to look into studentships but it seems these are all for PhD students?

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by Martha8
I'm a 2nd Year Physics student and I'm trying to apply for internships but I don't really know where to start - can anyone offer some advice? I was advised to look into studentships but it seems these are all for PhD students?

Thank you! :smile:

Hi @Martha8,

I did an internship over the summer and lockdown measures, through online work and I loved it. I'm currently on the look out for placements for after my degree and there are so many on Linkedin jobs! Just search the relevant term , so physics, with intern at the end and there was quite a few online ones.

Hope this helps!

Becca
Original post by University of East Anglia UG Student Rep
Hi @Martha8,

I did an internship over the summer and lockdown measures, through online work and I loved it. I'm currently on the look out for placements for after my degree and there are so many on Linkedin jobs! Just search the relevant term , so physics, with intern at the end and there was quite a few online ones.

Hope this helps!

Becca

Hey @Martha8,

I agree with Becca here! Linkedin Jobs is so useful- even if you don't find a placement you might find people who can offer you opportunities in the future too.

I also recommend Glassdoor and TargetJobs as well. Check if your university has a job search portal through your careers centre too, as most of these would be pre filtered to apply to students, so can save a bit of work!

Lucy :smile:
Have a look at Gradcracker, you can search for internships by the subject you are studying and many large companies advertise their placements there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending