The Student Room Group

Life in prison for a rapist?

What’s life in prison like for a rapist? Do they have there own wing?

I know someone who was falsely accused of rape and is now waiting for a long sentence as referenced by the judge. I just wanted to know what life would be like for him especially since he was wrongly and falsely accused

Also what happens when he gets out? Would he be allowed to be represent for the birth of any future children? What jobs can he not work? Does be always have to report to the police if his whereabouts even if he was just going to the post office?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Leahmitch
What’s life in prison like for a rapist? Do they have there own wing?

I know someone who was falsely accused of rape and is now waiting for a long sentence as referenced by the judge. I just wanted to know what life would be like for him especially since he was wrongly and falsely accused

Also what happens when he gets out? Would he be allowed to be represent for the birth of any future children? What jobs can he not work? Does be always have to report to the police if his whereabouts even if he was just going to the post office?

A DNA test should prove him innocent. If they can't demonstrate his DNA in the victim, and lacking any other evidence - like video recordings, or his DNA on her bed sheets, it's virtually impossible to get a conviction here, unless the perp has similar priors. Cheers.
Reply 2
Original post by Rabbit2
A DNA test should prove him innocent. If they can't demonstrate his DNA in the victim, and lacking any other evidence - like video recordings, or his DNA on her bed sheets, it's virtually impossible to get a conviction here, unless the perp has similar priors. Cheers.

They both had consensual sex and then she turned around and said she was raped
Reply 3
He said, she said? Had to be more to it than that for charges even to be brought, let alone bring found guilty.

His lawyer can answer these questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending