The Student Room Group

Ask us girls any questions you want ...

Scroll to see replies

Please I want a girl to answer. Why is the girl I like being so mean to me? We went out and were getting on so well and I felt very strong shared attraction. She was flirting heavily and really looking deep into my eyes. Over the time I have known her we have often flirted a bit but this was much more than normal. I have asked her out before and she backed off and really hurt me. So this time I decided to take things slow and let things cool off a bit, not wanting to appear desperate. So I messaged her a week later asking how she is going but just got silence for hours then brief responses and now nothing like she has totally lost interest. What am I supposed to do, write to her again? How could she just dump me out of the blue like this again.
how do you tell a guy you want to break up with him when you cant see each other right now. I cant do it over the phone can i?
Also he's mentioned in the past he suffered suicidal thoughts and anxiety and gets help for it but whenever i get angry or pissed at him these come back. Im too scared to break up with him because of that but i don't want to be in a relationship with him and I've been faking it for a couple of months now
how young is too young for sex?
not by the law, just by social standards.
because i think 15 is too young but all my friends are having sex and that seems to be all that guys want should i just give in and do it or nah and loose friends?
Original post by Anonymous
A bit personal but as it's anon oh well, would you be fine with (gentle) hair pulling duing sex?

My ex encouraged me do it and it's grown on me lol

No, I would get very annoyed.
Some of my friends say that they like it though, mostly the more extroverted girls who are sexually adventurous and open to kink.
Please I want a girl to answer. Why is the girl I like being so mean to me? We went out and were getting on so well and I felt very strong shared attraction. She was flirting heavily and really looking deep into my eyes. Over the time I have known her we have often flirted a bit but this was much more than normal. I have asked her out before and she backed off and really hurt me. So this time I decided to take things slow and let things cool off a bit, not wanting to appear desperate. So I messaged her a week later asking how she is going but just got silence for hours then brief responses and now nothing like she has totally lost interest. What am I supposed to do, write to her again? How could she just dump me out of the blue like this again.

She is probably in the habit of flirting and going out with multiple guys, only backing off when she gets bored or realises that she has gone too far.
Too far to the point that she is regularly misleading guys into believing that she is interested in an exclusive relationship with them when she has zero interest in persuing any relationship with them.

aw I'm sorry :/ .
In this kind of situation, I can think of multiple scenarios or rationales as to why she may be acting aloof.
1. She may be confused with her own feelings and might want to have some time on her own to think about what she wants. And maybe she may not want to lead you on, which is why she is acting slightly mean.
2. Something else could be going on in her life that affected her wellbeing overall and she just needs to have her alone time.
3. She may still think things are moving too fast and wants to try her best to slow things down
4. (the pessimistic scenario): She may have I guess realized that it's not in her best interest to go out with you or something
These are just my guesses but I could be totally wrong so I wouldn't rely on these too much. Love and relationships are extremely complicated and depend on the people but as a girl, these are some scenarios I can imagine.
As for what your next move is, I would leave it alone for the time being because from what you're saying, she doesn't seem to want to talk to you for now. Or, if you'd like you could take the direct opposite approach and be extremely blunt about it and simply ask her why she is acting that way. Again, it depends on you and her of course.
Sorry if this doesn't help but good luck!
Original post by Driftway
because i think 15 is too young but all my friends are having sex and that seems to be all that guys want should i just give in and do it or nah and loose friends?

That's a difficult one to answer.
Personally I wouldn't recommend that anyone has sex younger than 16.
But it is more about when the individual person feels ready to have sex and able to handle all the potential consequences, than focusing on a specific age.
how do you tell a guy you want to break up with him when you cant see each other right now. I cant do it over the phone can i?
Also he's mentioned in the past he suffered suicidal thoughts and anxiety and gets help for it but whenever i get angry or pissed at him these come back. Im too scared to break up with him because of that but i don't want to be in a relationship with him and I've been faking it for a couple of months now

Don't do it over the phone. Just ask if you could meet up ( outside ) and ease into it.

Never give into peer pressure and I actually found that many people didn't but said they did to 'try and fit in'.
So you just get treated like trash?

Damn

I guess I have gotten used to it but everyone says I deserve better but I just dont think I do
I guess I have gotten used to it but everyone says I deserve better but I just dont think I do

Any particular reason why?
My boyfriend had a girl in his DMs who he never knew and within 10 mins she was sending voice messages, he said they’re just friends within them only talking for an hour am I right to feel uncomfortable and slightly weird
Original post by londonmyst
That's a difficult one to answer.
Personally I wouldn't recommend that anyone has sex younger than 16.
But it is more about when the individual person feels ready to have sex and able to handle all the potential consequences, than focusing on a specific age.

I think you're like the only girl on this thread that isnt on anon 😂😂😂
My boyfriend had a girl in his DMs who he never knew and within 10 mins she was sending voice messages, he said they’re just friends within them only talking for an hour am I right to feel uncomfortable and slightly weird

get ready for a break up imo
I see, oh well.. it is what it is

What’s done is done.

Hi there.
Lot of women love to be treated like trash, it is in their nature, they just cannot help it.
They despise the nice men, they feel much more safe and loved by a bad man, a man who can beat them and put them in their place. It is what it is.
Original post by Miriam1234
how do i get a boy to notice me that i like

Hi there.
Are you a girl?
If yes, just try to start a conversation with him.
Most of the time men are not mean when a woman want to start a conversation with them.
Just try to talk a bit with him in order to know him better.
Original post by Ackhnologia
Hi there.
Lot of women love to be treated like trash, it is in their nature, they just cannot help it.
They despise the nice men, they feel much more safe and loved by a bad man, a man who can beat them and put them in their place. It is what it is.

I know, that’s why I’m constantly mean to new girls that I meet..
Original post by Ackhnologia
Hi there.

I mean, I would personally say this is an extremely broad opinion and does not apply for all women.

Most do not like a ‘bad boy’ and to be beaten
Any particular reason why?

I dont really know I guess its because everyone that says they have loved me in my life just used me and left, so I guess I do know why
I know, that’s why I’m constantly mean to new girls that I meet..

Yes
You will see that some of them will fall for you; if not many of them.

Original post by taymay61
I mean, I would personally say this is an extremely broad opinion and does not apply for all women.

Most do not like a ‘bad boy’ and to be beaten

I did not generalise
If you read it well, I wrote a lot of women, not all women...
I know some women at least value themselves, know they are worth to be loved and treated nicely and with respect; and so with a nice, respectful man.
Unfortunately, many women are much more interested in the bad man, since they find them stronger, safer, sexier, much more manly...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending