The Student Room Group

architecture vs interior architecture

what is the difference between them. I've searched it but I can't find a clear answer. Also, is interior architecture best suited for me because I am more interested on the creative aspect of architecture and want to build residential buildings (preferably houses) I also want to do a lot with the inside and possibly interior design as well. Idk if that makes sense but i just want to design really cool and unique houses
Original post by isabellazafe
what is the difference between them. I've searched it but I can't find a clear answer. Also, is interior architecture best suited for me because I am more interested on the creative aspect of architecture and want to build residential buildings (preferably houses) I also want to do a lot with the inside and possibly interior design as well. Idk if that makes sense but i just want to design really cool and unique houses

Interior architecture usually relates to designing and planning the inside of a building, while the other option mainly focuses on the outside of a building, and designing the actual shape and structure of it. Personally, I do think interior design requires less work as you will just be designing the inside, and most of it does not relate to structure. Have you tried checking if there are specific courses which let you study both interior and exterior architecture?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending