The Student Room Group

How do I develop my points?

This is a pretty vague question but how does one get into the meat of a question?
Any advice is appreciated with the question given honestly
I do edexcel if that helps.
Reply 1
Have you tried planning your work first (ngl that’s been my biggest problem with essays for years)? Or if you’re struggling with the main development, look at why you’ve made points, what they link to in relation to the topic and how they link to the question. For example: Henry VII was good at politics- he used calculated mercy to encourage loyalty, for example...- this is evidence that he was efficient in controlling England
Reply 2
Original post by RedNot
Have you tried planning your work first (ngl that’s been my biggest problem with essays for years)? Or if you’re struggling with the main development, look at why you’ve made points, what they link to in relation to the topic and how they link to the question. For example: Henry VII was good at politics- he used calculated mercy to encourage loyalty, for example...- this is evidence that he was efficient in controlling England

Okay, that. That point you made right there. Would you say that's fully developed?
Try planning
Brainstorm some reasons for any points made in your essay. Make a list for reference.
Henry The Eighth was a people magnet, explore some of the methods he used to attract supporters in Britain and also evaluate how they worked. This is proof he was a expert in manipulation.
Link back to the specific topic and to the question. Read over your notes and the question properly as well. See if you can even find some different hidden clues that tell you more about what to write for your essay etc. Dig deeper to uncover some more information in other words.
Read beyond the lines of the original text in question to discover some more details about the specific time period of the text. Also try to pick up hidden information on how attitudes were presented at that time in history. Write down on a blank piece of paper all of your impressions about the exam text etc in addition. The background details of a exam question are always completely covered up. You need to find them.
Reply 4
Original post by rayaanm
Okay, that. That point you made right there. Would you say that's fully developed?

It’s more the skeleton structure of it. A fully developed answer has opinion, evidence explained and links to further info as well as the question. It is also strengthened by use of terminology
Reply 5
Original post by RedNot
It’s more the skeleton structure of it. A fully developed answer has opinion, evidence explained and links to further info as well as the question. It is also strengthened by use of terminology

Okay, seems dandy. Give me a couple examples of terminology however
Reply 6
Well, for an example in history “dynasty”. It’s a word directly related to the topic. Or in English, it would be something like “graphology”

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending