The Student Room Group

Part-time jobs

So I am a first year student with zero experience with work and I have tried applied to multiple vacancies but unfortunately they are looking for people with a little bit of experience. Anyone have any recommendations for the types of part time job that I can look at. I am pretty much to anything cause I am desperate. I tried for royal mail Christmas temp but unfortunately the positions have been filled
I got a job at Costa with no experience- i think something that helped was getting a food safety and hygiene certification online which shows some level of experience. So maybe you could try gaining online ‘experience’ in the form of a course? Think about how you can apply any other experiences you have, even not within jobs, e.g. resolving conflicts, dealing with challenging situations etc. and talk about them in your interviews or applications :smile:
Original post by emmacharl
I got a job at Costa with no experience- i think something that helped was getting a food safety and hygiene certification online which shows some level of experience. So maybe you could try gaining online ‘experience’ in the form of a course? Think about how you can apply any other experiences you have, even not within jobs, e.g. resolving conflicts, dealing with challenging situations etc. and talk about them in your interviews or applications :smile:

will do that, thank you for the help
Original post by naomifrazier
So I am a first year student with zero experience with work and I have tried applied to multiple vacancies but unfortunately they are looking for people with a little bit of experience. Anyone have any recommendations for the types of part time job that I can look at. I am pretty much to anything cause I am desperate. I tried for royal mail Christmas temp but unfortunately the positions have been filled

Try all shops, supermarkets, fast food places etc etc. In normal circumstances restaurants and cafes would be taking on as well. Some might still be if they are doing take away.
I got my first job at McDonald's with no experience. They take on a lot of students.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending