The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
wellpastmybedtime
I am the kind of teacher who knows that one of her students has obtained some coursework in this " Student Room" and has handed it in as his own and I am not very happy with that kind of cheating. However, I need to prove my case and so I need to find the work amongst the myriad of posts and information here.

He probably got it from coursework.info rather than on here...and all the essays on there are on turnitin so you can easily check...
It'd be quite hard for that sort of thing to get done on TSR without one of the moderators finding out anyways. It's common practice to help people out with difficulties in their coursework...I've done it myself a number of times :rolleyes: but I didn't know that was actually a problem...cos basically we all help each other in school with reading through and commenting on how to change things etc. so what's the difference if it's on the internet?

I have in fact now found the posts this student placed here. I have not yet sourced his coursework ( which was a grade A and I think was passed from a student in this place. Do you condone that?)

I am the kind of teacher who does not like being lied to. I am the kind of teacher who dislikes students cheating.

I am the kind of teacher who should not be under estimated. I know how to use a computer and how to access these fora.

I am the kind of teacher who is actually somewhat tired of people who would ask the question you have. There is no law or rule in " The Student Room" which prevents me posting here as a teacher. When I signed in the form asked what I did. I put down teacher.

I am the kind of teacher, who I have finished sorting out my errant student will actually stop posting.

What kind of student are you that you have to question a teacher reading or posting here? :toofunny:

:toofunny:
sampshogg
lol i no, it still hurts :frown: :p:

looool! :laugh:
Somebody got told! :p:
Its nothing to do with being internet based. Its to do with the fact you are supposed to hand in your own work, not someone elses. I have to sign to say I know its your own work and that you did not receive help ( or if you did - how much help you got) .

My snitch ( someone who is unhappy said student has an A from someone elses work whilst he has a C from doing his own alone and without using other people here or elsewhere, has suggested that the coursework was sent via an e mail from one member here to my student.

I am just looking for where the contact was made. I need that information to establish it is not his work . ( I know it is not. The student would not be able to do the level of statistics involved in this or carry out this complex level of research. he just isn't that good - anyone who thinks teachers cannot estimate the ability of their students is deluding themselves.)
Reply 23
yeh but you didnt need to sign up an account so you could talk to people on here.... theyre hardly gonna be lyk "ohh yeh i gave him my coursework" oh well i dont wanna have an arguement! haha i hope you find the coursework!
Reply 24
sampshogg
yeh but you didnt need to sign up an account so you could talk to people on here.... theyre hardly gonna be lyk "ohh yeh i gave him my coursework" oh well i dont wanna have an arguement! haha i hope you find the coursework!

lol you're asking for him/her to get you again now :toofunny:
Reply 25
im waiting for the ultimate put down! hehe
Reply 26
wellpastmybedtime, I reckon you should take that as a challenge :wink:
sampshogg

You are not worth the argument .
sampshogg

Have I asked anyone to own up to having given coursework?
Reply 29
:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:
this has actually made my evening :p:
Reply 30
sampshogg

looooooooooool you got it :p:
wellpastmybedtime
Its nothing to do with being internet based. Its to do with the fact you are supposed to hand in your own work, not someone elses. I have to sign to say I know its your own work and that you did not receive help ( or if you did - how much help you got) .

My snitch ( someone who is unhappy said student has an A from someone elses work whilst he has a C from doing his own alone and without using other people here or elsewhere, has suggested that the coursework was sent via an e mail from one member here to my student.

I am just looking for where the contact was made. I need that information to establish it is not his work . ( I know it is not. The student would not be able to do the level of statistics involved in this or carry out this complex level of research. he just isn't that good - anyone who thinks teachers cannot estimate the ability of their students is deluding themselves.)

What if he put a lot of work in??? I know incapable students who put in tons of effort into coursework, get good marks and it helps them with the theory. And anyway, as a teacher, aren't you meant to make him better???
Reply 32
i thought i wasnt worth it?

im glad ur enjoying it sadie :P haha
Reply 33
Peridot_1234 is going to get it now :laugh:
Reply 34
ahahahah the little teacher-student conversation is hilarious, especially because, as expected, the teacher cannot help but talk in his rather condescending, patronising manner as a percieved yet self-deluded epitome of morality, whilst the very power positionals he is trying to exploit work exactly against his favour in this medium.
Lol- for a change.

Anyway, respect your teachers :smile: ahahahha
We've just had an argument between a student and a teacher, ONLINE! :eek:
Im new so this is random for me.
Reply 36
anyone who thinks teachers cannot estimate the ability of their students is deluding themselves.

I'm sorry but I disagree with this, many of my teachers predicted me grade D's for my GCSE's and what did I get? A's and B's.

I'm doing my A-levels now and all though they predicted quite well what my grades would be for my AS results, they know my true potential. however I cannot say the same for everyone, one of my friends was predicted C's for his A-levels and he got AAB.
Reply 37
wellpastmybedtime

So because his coursework is good you assume it must be plagiarism?
Your 'snitch', may just be a jealous inferior student.
And while as a teacher you may be able to judge a persons ability. I do not think it's right to simply say 'he just isn't that good'. Surely that would be a fault of the teacher...
Reply 38
wellpastmybedtime
Have I asked anyone to own up to having given coursework?

Are you not going off-topic a little? :p: But seriously if you knew how to "use" a computer, you would have already found the source of the cheating, if he was to get it from the internet.
sampshogg
what kind of teacher are you anyway if you spend your time on an internet forum for students....

Quite a few teachers post here - and exam boards check the site regularly too.

Latest