The Student Room Group

How do I revise for GCSE English ?

Hi i'm doing my GCSE this year and I got all 8/9s in my mocks except English language and literature where I got two 5s. Any advice as to how to revise for theses/ websites and methods that helped you would be appreciated.
-Thanks
Reply 1
Using multiple interpretations in your work will raise your grades a lot - this is simple just adding sentences like = It may also suggest / imply / foreshadow / any word that can branch off .

It’s basically just adding more than one idea - so if your analysing a quote in your answer, instead of saying one thing about it say 2-4.

Just learn your quotes, the contextual information you need to know, language devices and structure.

Good luck :smile:

Hope this helps !!
This I understand. Im very similar you see and I found with English literature its all about just knowing the book inside out and its themes. Read the books over and over until you can summarise the story every couple of pages. Key themes and that combined will be so much better.
Reply 3
Yes really knowing your themes at GCSEs is important
Reply 4
I agree with gin n tonic 😊
Write all the themes down on a sheet of paper or flashcards. Make notes and edit them. Use the colour coding technique.

Quick Reply

Latest