The Student Room Group

Advice

A guy gave me a gift, because he is pursuing me, and because I panic a lot, I pushed the gift away and gave it back to him. Do you think I was in the wrong?? And should I apologise, as I think I came across mean
Original post by Anonymous
A guy gave me a gift, because he is pursuing me, and because I panic a lot, I pushed the gift away and gave it back to him. Do you think I was in the wrong?? And should I apologise, as I think I came across mean

aw that seems sweet of him, but i would have probably reacted similarly and totally freaked out. is he pursuing u in like a creepy way, because from experience, if he’s creepy don’t feel bad about coming across as mean. but if he’s genuinely nice and u kinda like him back, don’t apologise, but just explain that you panicked and i’m sure he’ll understand (only if he’s actually worth it though lol)
Reply 2
aw that seems sweet of him, but i would have probably reacted similarly and totally freaked out. is he pursuing u in like a creepy way, because from experience, if he’s creepy don’t feel bad about coming across as mean. but if he’s genuinely nice and u kinda like him back, don’t apologise, but just explain that you panicked and i’m sure he’ll understand (only if he’s actually worth it though lol)

No he’s a really nice guy :frown: but I don’t like him in the same way and told him that, but now he’s just ignoring me, so should I just randomly message him apologising and explaining? Or should I just leave it and move on with life. Idk 😭
No he’s a really nice guy :frown: but I don’t like him in the same way and told him that, but now he’s just ignoring me, so should I just randomly message him apologising and explaining? Or should I just leave it and move on with life. Idk 😭

oh i think you should for sure give it some time to see if he gets over it and acts normal again, and if he stays sort of awkward or angry with u then just leave it. i don’t think u should apologise at all tho since u didn’t do anything wrong, but yes definitely explain bcos be probably needs reassurance lol. if he’s really nice and ur friends then that’s good and i hope it all works out :smile:
Message him something like: "hey, I'd like to apologise about (today, Monday etc). I don't have many people give me gifts and I got a bit surprised. Thank you, I do appreciate the thought you put into that". -- doesn't suggest you like him back, but is friendly enough to show that you feel bad. Make it sound like you though.
Reply 5
If you feel you were mean perhaps it would help to apologise. This said it would probably be best to also reiterate that you’re not interested in a relationship or the apology may be misunderstood. Or perhaps just let things lie.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending