The Student Room Group

A Levels Cancelling and all that

i feel like freaking ****. in yr12 lockdown we didn't go back to school after March. i lost all motivation and my mental health dipped big time. it was so hard for me to do any work but at the same time i was so stressed about not doing much. then during the summer holidays i caught up with everything, but it took me the entire holiday, right up to the last few days.
when i got back to school my grades where a bit worse than what I'm capable of but by December i was doing really good again and i felt okay.
then this **** freaking happened.
at first I thought it'd be fine, i felt okay at first, but this evening i can feel myself slipping back to the way i was last time. idfk how I'm gonna be doing now and I feel scared and confused and i just want this school year to end, i hate it.
sorry i just needed to dump this on here
Reply 1
Hey, I'm completely with you - it's been an awful 2 years for us as sixth form students. Uncertainty and lockdowns get in the way of mental wellbeing. It is going to be difficult, but we're going to get through.
During the lockdown in summer I also lost all motivation, and am still kind of catching up from such a bad term! Many people are in the same boat. The things that have helped me are having a routine, utilizing our outside bit of exercise a day, and calling my friends - and even starting a diary has been great because I've been able to rant in it! Although, staring at a screen all day is so unhealthy but we have to do it to work - so our routines can never be perfect.

It's not long til the end of the year and the end of our school education! I keep thinking that this is what we've academically been working up to - and now we have CAGs - so everything we do now counts. Keep thinking about that - its almost over, and this last run is important - but whats the most important is our mental health. Exams can be taken again, things can be learnt at another time - but looking after yourself is so crucial. So, look after yourself and explore ways of best doing that. Staying active, sleeping well and eating enough is crucial. And don't always think about work or stress about it - make sure you have lots of times to do what you love, like listen to music or watch a film etc. We can get through this, we only have a few months left, and hopefully a few of those will be in person at school!
I'm petrified
Reply 3
Original post by XYZPN05
Hey, I'm completely with you - it's been an awful 2 years for us as sixth form students. Uncertainty and lockdowns get in the way of mental wellbeing. It is going to be difficult, but we're going to get through.
During the lockdown in summer I also lost all motivation, and am still kind of catching up from such a bad term! Many people are in the same boat. The things that have helped me are having a routine, utilizing our outside bit of exercise a day, and calling my friends - and even starting a diary has been great because I've been able to rant in it! Although, staring at a screen all day is so unhealthy but we have to do it to work - so our routines can never be perfect.

It's not long til the end of the year and the end of our school education! I keep thinking that this is what we've academically been working up to - and now we have CAGs - so everything we do now counts. Keep thinking about that - its almost over, and this last run is important - but whats the most important is our mental health. Exams can be taken again, things can be learnt at another time - but looking after yourself is so crucial. So, look after yourself and explore ways of best doing that. Staying active, sleeping well and eating enough is crucial. And don't always think about work or stress about it - make sure you have lots of times to do what you love, like listen to music or watch a film etc. We can get through this, we only have a few months left, and hopefully a few of those will be in person at school!

dang, i know others are going through the same but you saying that you are directly really makes me feel not alone, so thank you seriously! and yeah, I've been thinking of starting to excessive a bit every day in my room, i do go on walks outside but it's cold and i hate the cold xD i think the day i posted it was an especially bad day, i feel okay today, but you really calmed me down thank you! x

Quick Reply

Latest