The Student Room Group

revision methods

No revision method seems to work for me. I've tried writing notes, reading revision boos, using past papers and school provided resource. However, now that I've got my mock results back I have learnt that none of them seem t have worked as i barely even scratched any of my already low target grades, I keep getting told I have potential and the capability to do well but there is no way for me to certify that. Any thoughts????
Hey i think it depends on the subjects but for me, all maths based subject i think it helps looking over the content from the revision book, making sure i was familiar with it, then use so many difference resources to do practice questions. Some i can suggest is doing all the exam questions in the revision books and then going onto a website such and Physics and maths tutor (It does many subjects) and doing loads of practice that they provide a lot of different forms of
Hey is this A level psychology?
I can suggest an alternative method of revision, which can help you get high grades, but I can't promise that it's for everyone. It works for me though, and I find it tricky to remember loads of content.
I try to get myself interested. Like, I'll just watch lots of YouTube. Not on the topic itself, but on just one thing which came up in the lecture and made me think "hey I wonder what that's about".

For example, I've been going over my uni lectures a lot recently because of exams, and the stuff I remember best (like the Wisconsin card sorting trick and other tests) is the stuff I randomly googled. It literally works every time.
The best part is, that's actually also one of the best way to get good grades, because when you actually get something, because it's interesting and because you've read up on other stuff around the area which other people haven't, it's suddenly so much easier to write about it.
Well, like I said it's not necessarily for everyone, but it's what works for me so I thought I'd share it 😊
Never do passive revision. This means stuff like reading, highlighting, or even blindly copying out notes. It's ineffective.

I strongly recommend doing something like making Anki flashcards. They're free and incredibly powerful.

I also recommend the Pomodoro technique: 25 mins study, 5 min break, repeat (or something similar).

These two tips alone will get you very far.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending