The Student Room Group

What level of maths is on the SAT?

I'm in year 12 currently and planning on taking the SAT this March but the American system is a bit confusing to me so is the maths in the SAT at GCSE level or are there things from A-level maths in there too that I should be studying?
hiya ive done the sat 3 times and I've always struggled w/ the maths even tho i did cie igcse maths and ib maths. i think the maths is not difficult, it's really about the exam technique and question style. you'll see what i mean as you start doing the past papers. i think you definitely need the maths knowledge from gcse but not so far as the advanced stuff in a levels (i dont do a levels so I'm not too sure whats in the syllabus but there's nothing like calculus or hard trig etc). it's definitely more about time management and technique and seeing the shortcuts in the questions 100000%! not rlly abt how good you are at mastering concepts in gcse level or a level maths. if you'd like, you can start on khan academy to see how the Qs are (i personally think it's better for English prep than maths but it's a great resource nevertheless)
I'm in year 12 currently and planning on taking the SAT this March but the American system is a bit confusing to me so is the maths in the SAT at GCSE level or are there things from A-level maths in there too that I should be studying?

If you can, get your hands on either a copy of or a PDF of the SAT Prep Black Book. Highly, highly recommend. It has about 10 pages which covers all of the content you will need for the maths section of the SAT.

I think @LoveAmore said they found a PDF of it.
Original post by kamara41
If you can, get your hands on either a copy of or a PDF of the SAT Prep Black Book. Highly, highly recommend. It has about 10 pages which covers all of the content you will need for the maths section of the SAT.

I think @LoveAmore said they found a PDF of it.

Here's the link to the PDF @flurryiscute : https://www.pdfdrive.com/sat-prep-black-book-the-most-effective-sat-strategies-ever-published-d188558777.html

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending