The Student Room Group

Job Advice

Does anybody know how I can get a job. I am 28 and have never worked before. I have suffered from mental health issues before and 3 major operations in the past 10 years. I only started college in 2013 and worked my way up to uni where I was due to start my second year but then diganosed with cancer so everytime I think I am doing well things seem to push back

I applied for a job at Mcdonalds but now it is closed. I am beginning to think with lockdown and me getting cancer I will never be successful, I will be doomed to be single forever and always living with my parents :frown:
Its not an easy time for getting into work due to the ongoing pandemic. Having said that people are still finding good jobs to do all the time.

The first step is to decide what job you want to do, then you can try and do some voluntary experience/a qualification to help you get the job.

With either/both of those you can make a cv and start approaching employers. IF you need support with this google local support with looking for work or ring the National Careers Service who will help you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending