The Student Room Group

help for english literature

how could i memorise quotes from plays and novels also how could i memorise themes and get higher grades in english literature i need help becuase everytime i do an english literature mock or exam i get a 2 and i really want to boost and get a higher grade but i dont know how to and this is important becuase u will do mini exams and i dont wanna fail any exams so i am trying my best thanks
Flashcards help quite a lot, write the quote and a little analysis; cover it up and recite as much as you can. A few minutes each day stores it in your long term memory
Reply 2
Get some of those coloured record cards they sell in shops like Ryman's and write down the important quotes and themes on them.

You could post one or two near the mirror where you clean your teeth.
Reply 3
Original post by 06daraa
Flashcards help quite a lot, write the quote and a little analysis; cover it up and recite as much as you can. A few minutes each day stores it in your long term memory

awwww thanks but if i get 2s in mocks but how could i get higher grades like 6s becauase i wanna go sixth form?? thanks
Reply 4
Original post by Kerzen
Get some of those coloured record cards they sell in shops like Ryman's and write down the important quotes and themes on them.

You could post one or two near the mirror where you clean your teeth.

awww thanks will try
I found Jack Edwards' study technique pretty helpful when I first started doing the subject!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending